TD moments, hairs on the back of the neck!

exit81
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TD moments, hairs on the back of the neck!

Post by exit81 »

Which TD moments REALLY make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck? I'm not on about whole tracks, or even stretches of music....I'm on about a tiny bit of a particular track, even just a few seconds, when SOMETHING happens...that magical combination of sounds, timing and rhythms that briefly combines to do something inexplicable to your senses. A second later and it's gone.

For me, there's several in Tangram...the most effective happening at 13.27....we already have a bass sequencer and piano/strings playing, but when the high sequencer comes in at 13.27....the lump in the throat becomes very large! The following 90 seconds or so are the best on the album for me, but that 13.27 moment...it takes the breath away even 28 years later.

Any more guys and gals?
Last edited by exit81 on Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Invisible limits, during the awesome sequencer section when the 'flute' sound kicks in....a gothic sounding scary moment that still shivers me timbers
...The wise.....are silent.....
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

Mad Cap Story from Flashpoint - the slow intro of the churning sequencer at the 1:10 mark.

Entire track must be played LOUD! (While driving seems to work best for me! - Gives me chills EVERY time!)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

99.9 % does this to me...........The "Rubycon" sequences and the "Maroubra" one just put me in orbit...

TD rules

The honest CJ :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

another one: if im in the 'right mood', the opening drone of Birth of Liquid Plejades.....mainly because I know whats coming...... 8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

To many wonderful moments to really stand out,to many wonderful listening hours of pure magic.

The Dream lives on :arrow: long live The Dream :P
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Maybe not the most obvious choices, but here are some of mine:

1: The closing few minutes of Desert Dream

2: The opening of The Red Blood Connection

3: Intro to Ricochet, pt. 2

and there are of course many, many more :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

the closing section of Phaedra.....you know....the strange howling sounds of alien dogs.... :shock:
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

When the percussion really kicks in on Fight at Dawn from Near Dark. AND the crashing guitar effects.

One of their purest of evil tracks, IMHO (that and Thru Metamorphic Rocks, of course).
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Beaubourg wrote:When the percussion really kicks in on Fight at Dawn from Near Dark. AND the crashing guitar effects.

One of their purest of evil tracks, IMHO (that and Thru Metamorphic Rocks, of course).
yes, Thru metamorphic rocks can instill some hair raising moments

also, for pure emotion, Cloudburst Flight.......all the way through 8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

The part where Edgar does his zip up after leaving the Manor Toilet on the Rubycon recording is priceless...........
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

epsilon75 wrote:The part where Edgar does his zip up after leaving the Manor Toilet on the Rubycon recording is priceless...........
Really makes you thirst for more.
whiteeagle

Post by whiteeagle »

let's see:
a) in "tangram part 1" after the piano solo, when the sequences start talking over, has some filter-sweep notes just before the melodies starting, sorry for the nerdy-synth terminology, and for I don't remeber the exact time where this is happening.
also:

b)'Rubycon part 2' the point just the sequences start running.

c) in berlin reichstag 1981 the point where the band passes over "Kiew Mission" to "calymba caly" , in the same live recording how they pass over, from the previous track to "thermal inversion"

I guess there are more surely.....
nice subject by the way :D
Last edited by whiteeagle on Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep on (Tangerine) Dreaming
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Beaubourg wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:The part where Edgar does his zip up after leaving the Manor Toilet on the Rubycon recording is priceless...........
Really makes you thirst for more.
:wink: :wink: Just joking BB :wink:
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

I always thought you could only hear that on the LP version :wink: :roll: