Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject: Livemiles intro.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:44 pm
Posts: 652
Location: SOMEWHERE ELSE
another query thats been bugging me for years.
Does anyone know whos voice it is at the beginning of Livemiles Part Two who says '1st August 1987, Republik Square, West Berlin'. ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Livemiles intro.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:33 am
Posts: 1572
Location: Denmark
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:
another query thats been bugging me for years.
Does anyone know whos voice it is at the beginning of Livemiles Part Two who says '1st August 1987, Republik Square, West Berlin'. ?


I think it's Monika Froese, at least that's what somebody have speculated.

_________________
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Livemiles intro.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:54 am
Posts: 7393
Location: Scotland
jacob wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:
another query thats been bugging me for years.
Does anyone know whos voice it is at the beginning of Livemiles Part Two who says '1st August 1987, Republik Square, West Berlin'. ?


I think it's Monika Froese, at least that's what somebody have speculated.


I always wondered that too. The womans voice does have a slight American accent to my ears.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:54 pm
Posts: 1668
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
I'm quite sure that's an american voice, not Monica Froese.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:15 pm
Posts: 8
Location: Portland, ME USA
......I seem to remember that in a reply to that question in the FIRST TD sponsored International Fan Club, the answer to that question was that the voice was none other than.......wait for it......Jerome Froese!!! Lest we all remember, that recording was 20(!!!!) years ago!!!! He was a lot younger back then, and, well, so was I, and you, you and, well, YOU!!! :twisted:

_________________
Everything is beautiful, once you open your eyes!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 pm
Posts: 4483
Location: Netherlands
Tangram Fan wrote:
......I seem to remember that in a reply to that question in the FIRST TD sponsored International Fan Club, the answer to that question was that the voice was none other than.......wait for it......Jerome Froese!!! Lest we all remember, that recording was 20(!!!!) years ago!!!! He was a lot younger back then, and, well, so was I, and you, you and, well, YOU!!! :twisted:


hmm, never thought of that. But could be. And indeed I am 20 years older now and more grey. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:44 pm
Posts: 652
Location: SOMEWHERE ELSE
interesting but im sure even at sixteen, jerome didnt round like an american woman! :-(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Never read about Jerome being on that album....and I own ALL of the old TDIFC magazines


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:37 am
Posts: 138
Location: 'Athens of the North'
Maybe American, but I also detect a European lilt in her voice.

Also, completely and totally disinterested and getting ready
for her bed by the sound of her vocal enthusiasm.

Cheer up girl!





homeless


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:15 pm
Posts: 15
Location: inverness,scotland
so who was the mexican speaking guy on the other track?

_________________
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 pm
Posts: 4483
Location: Netherlands
24db wrote:
Never read about Jerome being on that album....and I own ALL of the old TDIFC magazines


never read it either and I don't believe it also. But on the other hand there is a lot possible with sampling, even in those days.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:45 pm
Posts: 498
I seem to recall reading (somewhere) that it was someone from the record label.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:54 pm
Posts: 1668
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
It sure ain't Jerome! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:44 pm
Posts: 652
Location: SOMEWHERE ELSE
regarding the intro on Livemiles part one. Im sure i had in either the Dream Roots box or I-box box booklets a picture of Froese/Franke/Haslinger with the guy who apparently introduced the Alburquerque show...and do you think i can find that picture now? Can i heck.

While we're on the subject of Livemiles, i saw TD at the Hammy Odeon on the 86 tour. Remember the joint TD logo on the tour programme? Well when Tyger appeared in the shops i nearly had kittens because i thought it was a live album of that show....the next album after that was Livemiles and none of the music on that album is remotely close to what was played on the uk leg of the tour. I had a couple of 'boot cassettes' of the show i went to but was over the moon when we got the Vault:Brighton release. I remember the bass been so loud (not in a bad way) at the Hammersmith show that our seats shook!

Fond memories of my first TD show.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:
regarding the intro on Livemiles part one. Im sure i had in either the Dream Roots box or I-box box booklets a picture of Froese/Franke/Haslinger with the guy who apparently introduced the Alburquerque show...and do you think i can find that picture now? Can i heck.

While we're on the subject of Livemiles, i saw TD at the Hammy Odeon on the 86 tour. Remember the joint TD logo on the tour programme? Well when Tyger appeared in the shops i nearly had kittens because i thought it was a live album of that show....the next album after that was Livemiles and none of the music on that album is remotely close to what was played on the uk leg of the tour. I had a couple of 'boot cassettes' of the show i went to but was over the moon when we got the Vault:Brighton release. I remember the bass been so loud (not in a bad way) at the Hammersmith show that our seats shook!

Fond memories of my first TD show.


great show (I was there)...well the second half anyway, totally OTT powerful performance from the masters of EM


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage