Shy People

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:Civilised Illusions is superb,should be an extended 25 minute version :wink: only ever been played LIVE once :cry: must have something to do with CF :?
Best track on the CD. Yes could do with being a bit longer.
Red Morpho

Post by Red Morpho »

Chris Monk wrote:Some nice music on this soundtrack but I have to say that the Pink Floyd-a-like track really winds me up. Not because it's bad or anything but because I can just imagine the director (Andrei Konchalovsky) insisting on a track just like Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here instead of allowing them to write their own music.
Once I got over the Shine on you Crazy Diamondesque intro i thought it was a really good track - until the vocals kicked in. Did not like the vocals tracks all on this album.

Below average TD soundtrack IMHO however I wouldnt mind a vocal free version of that opening track....
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I dusted this one off last week. And found myself really enjoying the LP. The vocals are ok but I keep feeling a beeter vocalist would've made a big difference. I neve like Tina Turner and the singer on the title track sounds just like her.
hansx

Post by hansx »

sparrow wrote:I dusted this one off last week. And found myself really enjoying the LP. The vocals are ok but I keep feeling a beeter vocalist would've made a big difference. I neve like Tina Turner and the singer on the title track sounds just like her.
I don't have to dust it off, I play the cd from time to time. I think it is a fine cd, the vocals don't bother me very much, however I am not a fan from TD with vocals (exception for Madcap).
hansx

Post by hansx »

Now playing it again. And I like it evey time I play it. The cd begins with a very PinkFloydish intro. Guess Edgar and co were also fans of PF. I think it is an underestimated cd by a lot of people. One of the better soundtracks. Have never seen the movie.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

hansx wrote:Now playing it again. And I like it evey time I play it. The cd begins with a very PinkFloydish intro. Guess Edgar and co were also fans of PF. I think it is an underestimated cd by a lot of people. One of the better soundtracks. Have never seen the movie.
I taped it off the TV a few years ago - it wasn't too bad IIRC.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
hansx

Post by hansx »

billythefish wrote:
hansx wrote:Now playing it again. And I like it evey time I play it. The cd begins with a very PinkFloydish intro. Guess Edgar and co were also fans of PF. I think it is an underestimated cd by a lot of people. One of the better soundtracks. Have never seen the movie.
what... the music or the movie? :D
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

hansx wrote:
billythefish wrote:
what... the music or the movie? :D
The movie - it was about a City family who had to retreat to the country to live with some remote relatives in order to escape some threat. The country family were very unsure about their new city guests and didn't trust them to begin with (hence the film title) - but the frost gradually melted...
Nice photography of beautiful country scenery, reasonable acting, good story.

(but it was a long time since I last watched it!)
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Great sountrack which gets a spin now and again. I have the CD and LP and the LP sounds so much better.
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

sparrow wrote:and the LP sounds so much better.
and that's why I only have the LP :D :wink:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

bergen-dreamer wrote:
The CD is quite a rarity these days ..got my copy from an e bayer in Taiwan. The LP is easier to find but is better to own IMO.
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

sparrow wrote:
bergen-dreamer wrote:
The CD is quite a rarity these days ..got my copy from an e bayer in Taiwan. The LP is easier to find but is better to own IMO.
I got the LP new fra Amazon UK, and I think they still have it...
jacob

Post by jacob »

FROESE: We had a bad experience on a project called Shy People. I mean myself, that the music is amongst the best Tangerine Dream has ever done, but unfortunately the music in the film, doesn't come to it's right at all. We had some problems with the director Andrei Konchalovsky, who used our music against our guidelines, and what it was composed to, so therefore the result was absolutely not satisfactory.

From Martin Schmidt's book on film music, "Short Cues - Samtaler om filmmusik", page 63. Interview took place in Berlin in '92 or '98
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
hansx

Post by hansx »

jacob wrote:FROESE: We had a bad experience on a project called Shy People. I mean myself, that the music is amongst the best Tangerine Dream has ever done, but unfortunately the music in the film, doesn't come to it's right at all. We had some problems with the director Andrei Konchalovsky, who used our music against our guidelines, and what it was composed to, so therefore the result was absolutely not satisfactory.

From Martin Schmidt's book on film music, "Short Cues - Samtaler om filmmusik", page 63. Interview took place in Berlin in '92 or '98
Maybe Edgar can release a final Shy People in future. Wonder how that sounds.
tangmaster

Post by tangmaster »

Superb soundtrack for a weak movie.
The way a world of dreams is going on!