Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:28 am
Posts: 154
Location: Timisoara, Romania
bigmoog wrote:
Vocals..I have no problems with TD and vocals....let look at some of the evidence

Electronic Meditation : TD's steam punk-krautrock meisterwork (a small amount of voice)

Atem: (WAHN) tribal music at its finest

Cyclone was TD's prog punk record - a genuine classic

Tyger: interesting experiment

DanTe trilogY: a mixed bag,heroic, dull, great and disappointing....worth the time and trouble

MadCaps Flaming Duty is the TD of the future....and I for one am excited


can I just mention the awesome, toweringly sombre but humorous TIMEZEIT here? no? thought not


CYCLONE:1978 it was a shock....thats why TD are the KINGS


well know, BM, vocals were the controversy thing, so we can't talk of anything till Cyclone. the Pink Years vocal art demonstration are from interesting to simply funky.

Tyger's a depreciative quality of vocals, however acceptable.

Different sort of lyrics in few of the 90s moments.

Yes, great passion in the Trilogy movements, from choir to pop singing.

:)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:48 pm 
epsilon75 wrote:
Can you imagine everyone Hopping around the next gig for more vocals :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Not everyone, but I want TD to more commercial music in the future. They're very good at it.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Pertou wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Can you imagine everyone Hopping around the next gig for more vocals :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Not everyone, but I want TD to more commercial music in the future. They're very good at it.


hmmm, TD have never been commercial, and I'm not sure how close they could get without losing what makes them TD in the first place.
I haven't got a problem with a TD album or concert with vocals (it always gives me a chance to opt out if I don't like it). I just hope this doesn't mean TD will contain only vocals from now on, not just on a selfish level, but also because it would mean that Jerome has the TD door closed for good (IMHO).

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:58 pm
Posts: 541
Location: under the bed.
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Can you imagine everyone Hopping around the next gig for more vocals :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Not everyone, but I want TD to more commercial music in the future. They're very good at it.


hmmm, TD have never been commercial, and I'm not sure how close they could get without losing what makes them TD in the first place.
I haven't got a problem with a TD album or concert with vocals (it always gives me a chance to opt out if I don't like it). I just hope this doesn't mean TD will contain only vocals from now on, not just on a selfish level, but also because it would mean that Jerome has the TD door closed for good (IMHO).


I think Jerome may be just having a break until his next CD is finished, it still lists him as a TD band member on his and TDs myspace pages.

_________________
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
JD wrote:
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Can you imagine everyone Hopping around the next gig for more vocals :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Not everyone, but I want TD to more commercial music in the future. They're very good at it.


hmmm, TD have never been commercial, and I'm not sure how close they could get without losing what makes them TD in the first place.
I haven't got a problem with a TD album or concert with vocals (it always gives me a chance to opt out if I don't like it). I just hope this doesn't mean TD will contain only vocals from now on, not just on a selfish level, but also because it would mean that Jerome has the TD door closed for good (IMHO).


I think Jerome may be just having a break until his next CD is finished, it still lists him as a TD band member on his and TDs myspace pages.


true, but in Edgar's own words 'If Jerome's solo career takes off, then I don't know how much time he'll have for TD'....I'm paraphrasing, as I'm too lazy to check ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
That is exactly what he said,good luck to JF and i wish him every success,sad thing is i personally think he would be a BIG loss to TD......all IMHO of course :arrow:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
epsilon75 wrote:
That is exactly what he said,good luck to JF and i wish him every success,sad thing is i personally think he would be a BIG loss to TD......all IMHO of course :arrow:


I second that mate. I feel Jerome has brought a massive amount to TD, much of what makes TD good these days comes from Jerome (not to belittle what other members do, as they're all very talented musicians). I hope that his career, whichever way it goes, still produces albums as good as DM4 or Neptunes. and brings him much success.

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:58 pm
Posts: 541
Location: under the bed.
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
That is exactly what he said,good luck to JF and i wish him every success,sad thing is i personally think he would be a BIG loss to TD......all IMHO of course :arrow:


I second that mate. I feel Jerome has brought a massive amount to TD, much of what makes TD good these days comes from Jerome (not to belittle what other members do, as they're all very talented musicians). I hope that his career, whichever way it goes, still produces albums as good as DM4 or Neptunes. and brings him much success.



I think either way is a winner if you like Jerome's stuff, although I doubt he would release as much as TD in a typical year ;)

_________________
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
Cyclone's a great album, not overly keen on the vocals but all the other parts (electronics, wind instruments, drums, etc) are top-notch. Funnily these sorts of threads about Cyclone keep coming up and each time it's very hard to find anyone who actually doesn't like it. Makes you wonder where the idea comes from that it's a much hated TD album. Probably the original reviews.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:58 pm
Posts: 541
Location: under the bed.
Chris Monk wrote:
Cyclone's a great album, not overly keen on the vocals but all the other parts (electronics, wind instruments, drums, etc) are top-notch. Funnily these sorts of threads about Cyclone keep coming up and each time it's very hard to find anyone who actually doesn't like it. Makes you wonder where the idea comes from that it's a much hated TD album. Probably the original reviews.


I'd like to see Steve Joliffe make a guest appearance. I've never heard about Edgar not liking him anywhere ?

_________________
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
JD wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Cyclone's a great album, not overly keen on the vocals but all the other parts (electronics, wind instruments, drums, etc) are top-notch. Funnily these sorts of threads about Cyclone keep coming up and each time it's very hard to find anyone who actually doesn't like it. Makes you wonder where the idea comes from that it's a much hated TD album. Probably the original reviews.


I'd like to see Steve Joliffe make a guest appearance. I've never heard about Edgar not liking him anywhere ?



Somehow i dont think that will happen,although theres not unrest between the pair as there is the case with EF/CF the feedback i got at the pre concert meet-up at the SBE that there may be just a tiny bit of needle...
Steve was at that pre-concert meeting but did NOT attend the concert which was a mere 2 buildings away :? but i have to say i found Steve Jolliffe an extremely good natured man,and he had time for people :wink:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:58 pm
Posts: 541
Location: under the bed.
epsilon75 wrote:
JD wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Cyclone's a great album, not overly keen on the vocals but all the other parts (electronics, wind instruments, drums, etc) are top-notch. Funnily these sorts of threads about Cyclone keep coming up and each time it's very hard to find anyone who actually doesn't like it. Makes you wonder where the idea comes from that it's a much hated TD album. Probably the original reviews.


I'd like to see Steve Joliffe make a guest appearance. I've never heard about Edgar not liking him anywhere ?



Somehow i dont think that will happen,although theres not unrest between the pair as there is the case with EF/CF the feedback i got at the pre concert meet-up at the SBE that there may be just a tiny bit of needle...
Steve was at that pre-concert meeting but did NOT attend the concert which was a mere 2 buildings away :? but i have to say i found Steve Jolliffe an extremely good natured man,and he had time for people :wink:



I dont know Steve but I can kind of understand him not wanting to go if he thought it may look a bit sad that he's now relegated to fan status ?
You never know though, rumours were rife about rifts with Edgar and ralph but it turns out the only reason he left was because his wife had a baby and he couldnt committ himself to TDs schedule, then they did Blue dawn. I'd like to see a similar thing with Edgar and Steve.

_________________
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:17 am
Posts: 1638
Location: Somerset
Chris Monk wrote:
Cyclone's a great album, not overly keen on the vocals but all the other parts (electronics, wind instruments, drums, etc) are top-notch. Funnily these sorts of threads about Cyclone keep coming up and each time it's very hard to find anyone who actually doesn't like it. Makes you wonder where the idea comes from that it's a much hated TD album. Probably the original reviews.

I have to admit that I still really dislike the singing when it goes mad.

Madrigal Meridian is a great track.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
JD wrote:
You never know though, rumours were rife about rifts with Edgar and ralph but it turns out the only reason he left was because his wife had a baby and he couldnt committ himself to TDs schedule

Didn't know that about Ralph but then again I didn't know much about him at all. For me he was just a guy who helped Edgar and Paul write a track on Optical Race. It wasn't until later that I realised that he had toured with TD in the States.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:54 am
Posts: 7393
Location: Scotland
Strange that there are hardly any Cyclone tracks included on TD compilations..Only one I can think of is 70 - 80 box.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5 [ 71 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage