BEST TD SOUNDTRACK?

RemoteViewing81
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by RemoteViewing81 »

jacob wrote:Rather predictable list:

Thief
Near Dark
Firestarter
Sorcerer
Miracle Mile
The Man Inside

As for Firestarter, it's really an overlooked classic I think. It's also very rare and expensive to buy on cd and lp. However I bought myself a cassette version (besides the two lp's I have - the only two I've ever seen), from eBay: I got it today, and the condition is completely as new. The seller has a further 18 copies in stock, and if you haven't heard the album, its a very good and cheap way to get this rare and excellent soundtrack (while you search for the lp or cd)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0212034823

I picked up Near Dark and Firestarter on cassette at a Wal*Mart for $2 dollars each... :lol: Very Good Soundtracks!
"The aim of the music [of Tangerine Dream] is to paint surreal pictures with musical instruments."

http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/voiceshm.htm
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

Lots of good ones from which to choose. Mine would have to include (in no particular order):

Miracle Mile
The Park Is Mine
Flashpoint
The Man Inside
Sorcerer
Thief
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Fave ..shoot me..Heartbreakers..least fave..sorry guys...Sorcerer.
DaveAS

Post by DaveAS »

Fave: Streethawk (un-Tangentised release please :))
Worst: Deadly Care

It'd be great to hear some more of TD's unreleased soundtracks - Streethawk, The Soldier, Rainbow Drive, Red Heat, etc. Lots of decent material, albeit wrapped around rather terrible films.

Talking of terrible films, I must finish watching Rainbow Drive one day. The VCR tape I bought from Ebay was half played when it arrived and after struggling to get to the half way mark myself, I discovered why. Really boring! I'm sure the second half must still be in pristine, unplayed condition. :)

At least The Soldier kept interest throughout by being unintentionally hilarious.

--
Dave
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

DaveAS wrote:At least The Soldier kept interest throughout by being unintentionally hilarious.

--
Dave
My favourite scene is the one with the kung-fu fighting. It's straight out of The Pink Panther. Hilarious. :D
DaveAS

Post by DaveAS »

Chris Monk wrote:
DaveAS wrote:At least The Soldier kept interest throughout by being unintentionally hilarious.

--
Dave
My favourite scene is the one with the kung-fu fighting. It's straight out of The Pink Panther. Hilarious. :D
Lol. I had to watch that again to remind myself of the "quality". Great scene. I love the way the actors seem unable to hit their marks in different takes too - the jump cut when the black guy draws his sword is comedy gold.

What with that, breathing dead bodies and visible squib plates when people get shot, there really is nothing to compare to this film. The makers were geniuses I tell you, GENIUSES! :wink:

--
Dave
Last edited by DaveAS on Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

sparrow wrote:Fave ..shoot me..Heartbreakers..least fave..sorry guys...Sorcerer.
No apologies needed re. Heartbreakers. I love that soundtrack too. Alas, I also love Sorcerer, but loath Thief!

No accounting for taste!
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Red Morpho

Post by Red Morpho »

Legend has always been my favoirite followed by The Keep - a very close second
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

any TD fan who does not at least own Sorceror is nutty

any TD fan willing to discuss with the BM (over a beverage or two) exactly why this soundtrack is 100% the greatest piece of TD soundtrackness, should collar the mooger at the pre gig meet 1.11.08, where bm's total belief in his correctness will overwhelm you...or send you to sleep.

Thief is a close second

sycophantic opinion only, of course

BM repeats repeats
...The wise.....are silent.....
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

bigmoog wrote:sycophantic opinion only, of course
Is there any other kind? :D :wink:
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

I'm going to be really boring

I'm rather partial to Oasis

I'm not too keen on Sorcerer (I'm not even sure how to spell it!) I await Big Moogs efforts to convert me at the Forum pre-meet

I like a lot of Firestater and Heartbreakers
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

HYPERBOREA wrote:I'm going to be really boring

I'm rather partial to Oasis

I'm not too keen on Sorcerer (I'm not even sure how to spell it!) I await Big Moogs efforts to convert me at the Forum pre-meet

I like a lot of Firestater and Heartbreakers

after one pint and you will be a true believer :D :D

see you in november :wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

DaveAS wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:

--
Dave
Lol. I had to watch that again to remind myself of the "quality". Great scene. I love the way the actors seem unable to hit their marks in different takes too - the jump cut when the black guy draws his sword is comedy gold.

What with that, breathing dead bodies and visible squib plates when people get shot, there really is nothing to compare to this film. The makers were geniuses I tell you, GENIUSES! :wink:

--
Dave
Got to admit I've watched it more than a a few times. It's a sort of guilty pleasure. It's an absurd film with TD music, so it's very entertaining. It would make a great Worst of Hollywood film.
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

bigmoog wrote:piece of TD soundtrackness
I'll buy you a pint just for making up that phrase. Brilliant!
groovemeister

Post by groovemeister »

The Soldier
Thief
Firestarter
Sorcerer
Wavelength
________
MERCEDES-BENZ 430 SPECIFICATIONS
Last edited by groovemeister on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.