BEST TD SOUNDTRACK?

razor
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by razor »

Definetely Firestarter, end of discussion :)
"You Laugh At Me Because I'm Diffrent, I Laugh At You Because You're All The Same"
timer

Post by timer »

razor wrote:Definetely Firestarter, end of discussion :)

Debatable that Razor ! :wink:

Although I agree that Firestarter is a great OST , it's certainly not my favourite.

I think there are more atmospheric TD soundtracks out there, and this is what a soundtrack should be ! although TD seem to be able to evoke atmosphere on most recordings not just OST's. 8)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I would say the music on Risky Business is my favorite, it was that movie and music that got me into TD proper so it will alwyas be my favorite. I like 3oclock high as well, even the movie is quite good
razor

Post by razor »

cantosis wrote:I would say the music on Risky Business is my favorite, it was that movie and music that got me into TD proper so it will alwyas be my favorite. I like 3oclock high as well, even the movie is quite good
I agree with you there. Three O'Clock High is another great OST with the classic TD sound to it. And yes, the movie is quite good aswell, think I have seen it twice this year so far ;)
"You Laugh At Me Because I'm Diffrent, I Laugh At You Because You're All The Same"
whiteeagle

Post by whiteeagle »

1.SORCERER
2.THIEF
3.FIRESTARTER
Keep on (Tangerine) Dreaming
exit81

Post by exit81 »

High five with BM to underline the supremacy of Sorcerer as THE TD soundtrack...or SCORE to give it its correct title!!! Sorry to geek things up here, but it's a bit of a colloquialism to call the music the 'soundtrack' (which actually refers to ALL of a film's audio, including music, dialogue, sound FX, ambience, etc)

But Sorcerer has always had an inpenetrable ambience for me, a kind of circular wall around the music that stops the listener from understanding how it works ...(but to go all Paul Morley for a moment)..."Sorcerer lies somewhere behind that invisible mantle of consciousness inside which judgement and empathy breaks down into sensation in its most necessary form; the sensation of waking within the birthplace of stars, or of realising your unspoken thoughts are hanging in a lucid curtain before you. Sorcerer exists outside language, outside perception, outside literate analysis, but lies within the human need for condition, and the need for experience to form that condition. Sorcerer isn't why we imagine, but it reflects the need to justify why we imagine"

Me, I just think its top banana!! :D
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

After Poland & Ricochet ..Sorcerer was the third TD album I bought. I didn't like it at all and still don't spin it much. I like some of the tracks like Grin & Betrayal but it just don't do it for me. My fave TD scores are still 'Heartbreakers or Shy People. I also love Wavelength. Legend is another fave which slowly grew on me. Especially the extended boot.
razor

Post by razor »

This is not exactly about TD, but for fans of Firestarter & Three O'Clock High there is a horror/slasher OST called Deliria (aka Stagefright), which contains some excellent music in the same vein as TD :)

Report back and let me know if you can find it and/or have listened to it and what your opinions are about it.

Sorry if it wasn't totally about TD, but this is a must have OST for fans of good EM music!!
Janus

Post by Janus »

Just been watching Wavelength again and this could be a contender, the Church theme & segment in that film for me is a wonderful moment ..
Think I'll dust off the Sorcerer now 8)
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Janus wrote:Just been watching Wavelength again and this could be a contender, the Church theme & segment in that film for me is a wonderful moment ..
Think I'll dust off the Sorcerer now 8)
Agreed, Chris :!:
Wavelength is a beautiful soundtrack, the only problem is the poor production, referring to my Varese Sarabande LP :(

But for me Sorcerer will always stand as THE TD soundtrack :)
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

More votes for Sorcerer. Yes, yes!!! SORCERER RULES.

Sorcerer iz in ur brain tangentizing ur neuronz.

Not to mention it features the one and only example of Tangerine Dream doing reggae. Jah rhythmin' and sequencin' mon.
24db

Post by 24db »

Keith Jarrett's score is better IMHO
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

24db wrote:Keith Jarrett's score is better IMHO
Couldn't agree more.
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

firestarter & thief
time is the fire in which we burn (zoran)
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

24db wrote:Keith Jarrett's score is better IMHO
But he didn't actually score the film, right? Friedkin just used some of his music (from Hymns & Spheres) that already existed. Anyway, the topic is which is the best TD soundtrack, not what would be the best music for the film, "______". Likewise, there are also fans of Legend who prefer Jerry Goldsmith's score to TD's. I'm sure there also fans of Dawn of the Dead who prefer the Brian May score to Goblin's.