Poland-quality

NAVEL OF LIGHT
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Poland-quality

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Wow....there is a really good quality video of tie 'Poland-Warsaw Concert' on youtube (in three parts)...and on googlevideo in one long segment. Ive had videos and cd-roms of this show over the years but these are by far the best quality ive seen so far.

Classic Dream...:-)
epsilon75

Re: Poland-quality

Post by epsilon75 »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:Wow....there is a really good quality video of tie 'Poland-Warsaw Concert' on youtube (in three parts)...and on googlevideo in one long segment. Ive had videos and cd-roms of this show over the years but these are by far the best quality ive seen so far.

I was lucky enough to get one on DVDr and the quality is very good 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
GAZZ

galleyslaves horizon

Post by GAZZ »

when i first heard turn of the tides i must admit i was only 75% convinced with it but as time went on apart from firetongues and a couple more i absolutley loved gsh its such a great song as it heads towards that tremendous build up before the end of the song very powerful stuff yet another one though that is still begging to be done live :roll:
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

er, not sure your on the same topic there gazz :-)

Ok, managed to watch the Poland gig on a BIG screen now and it is superb quality.it beats my old vhs version i had and the cd-rom i had by miles. This version is Picture perfect and great to see the classic froese/franke/schmoelling line up in action .
GAZZ

Post by GAZZ »

sorry navel of light posted yhe galley slaves horizon thing on the wrong page must have been wearing the free pair of glasses got to agree with you re the poland concert thre seems to be a few good copies of the concert footage starting to do the rounds although i havent got one myself yet i cant understaund why td have never released an official video/dvd of the gig unless there is kind of legal red tape stopping it being released
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:Wow....there is a really good quality video of tie 'Poland-Warsaw Concert' on youtube (in three parts)...and on googlevideo in one long segment. Ive had videos and cd-roms of this show over the years but these are by far the best quality ive seen so far.

The footage I have of this also on DVDr is awesome, cystal clear footage it also features a video for Hyperborea.
A treasured find indeed 8)
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

The footage I have of this also on DVDr is awesome, cystal clear footage it also features a video for Hyperborea.
Is that a performance video of 'Hyperboria' or something else?
timer

Post by timer »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:
timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: I was lucky enough to get one on DVDr and the quality is very good 8)
Is that a performance video of 'Hyperboria' or something else?
Footage of Icefields and still photo's of the band. Nicely put together though. But, its the footage (if only a snippet of the complete concert) of the concert that is really the treat. 8)
We also have here an extended version of the first side of the LP release ! 8) 8)
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

GAZZ wrote:sorry navel of light posted yhe galley slaves horizon thing on the wrong page must have been wearing the free pair of glasses got to agree with you re the poland concert thre seems to be a few good copies of the concert footage starting to do the rounds although i havent got one myself yet i cant understaund why td have never released an official video/dvd of the gig unless there is kind of legal red tape stopping it being released
Is there any chance of you using punctuation?
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Sfearical Sequence wrote:
GAZZ wrote:sorry navel of light posted yhe galley slaves horizon thing on the wrong page must have been wearing the free pair of glasses got to agree with you re the poland concert thre seems to be a few good copies of the concert footage starting to do the rounds although i havent got one myself yet i cant understaund why td have never released an official video/dvd of the gig unless there is kind of legal red tape stopping it being released
Any chance of you spelling your name correctly? (along with labour, colour etc)
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:
Sfearical Sequence wrote:
Any chance of you spelling your name correctly? (along with labour, colour etc)
It's a play on the title "Stratosfear." Gazz's posts are incomprehensible.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Very good quality I have to say. Much better than I've seen before. It's a great insight into how the band functioned at the time.

Still feel a little hollow that you can't see the full thing because some winner didn't think an audience would be able to sit through 30 minutes of 3 blokes playing synthesisers.
24db

Post by 24db »

Btw....I recently read a review (well, it was a passing comment really) from Paul Stump (he of the critical Discography book) where he totally slagged off Poland...he went down another notch in my opinion after that
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:Btw....I recently read a review (well, it was a passing comment really) from Paul Stump (he of the critical Discography book) where he totally slagged off Poland...he went down another notch in my opinion after that
I read the book and immediately got rid of it :arrow: Mr Stump was entitled to his opinion but i found it rather strange.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
jacob

Post by jacob »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:Btw....I recently read a review (well, it was a passing comment really) from Paul Stump (he of the critical Discography book) where he totally slagged off Poland...he went down another notch in my opinion after that
I read the book and immediately got rid of it :arrow: Mr Stump was entitled to his opinion but i found it rather strange.
English is not my primary language, but I found it utterly unreadable without a dictionary next to me. I tried to give it a chance during my holidays, but I gave up very early. It's dreadful. I don't mind people having strong opinions about TD, but at least there has to be some of sort of passion or well argumented writing. I can't trace any of that in that book. It's a mere foreign word show-off.
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/