Firestarter

NAVEL OF LIGHT
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Firestarter

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

the first TD album i owned was Firestarter on cassette back in 85,(my dad already had Phaedra, Sorcerer, Exit, White Eagle and Poland on vinyl) so my collection started from there. Today, as its a bank holiday, ive been going retro through my collection playing stuff i havent played in ages....playing Stella by Yello, Computer World by Kraftwerk but finishing off where it all started...with Firestarter and what a great album. There are bits that remind me of the forthcoming Hyperboria, bits of Wavelength and the fab Between Realities which could of easily come from the Sorcerer soundtrack.
It took me right back as i hadnt played it in ages.
razor

Post by razor »

Firestarter was also my first experience with TD. And after I saw the film and listened to the soundtrack , I was hooked, totally. It was almost as if I found the missing piece in my life :)

TD's best album to date, and will probably always be, at least to me :)
"You Laugh At Me Because I'm Diffrent, I Laugh At You Because You're All The Same"
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

A great soundtrack IMO but could do with a remaster.
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

A cool track by The Prodigy 8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Hyperboreauk wrote:A great soundtrack IMO but could do with a remaster.
Yep.

...but if anything I would rather Wavelength got the remaster treatment. My copy sounds shocking where as Firestarter is OK.
24db

Post by 24db »

Edgar's programming on Firestarter is fantastic
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

Chris Monk wrote:
Yep.

...but if anything I would rather Wavelength got the remaster treatment. My copy sounds shocking where as Firestarter is OK.
I know it's wandering off topic, but I've heard this a lot about Wavelength. While my copy sounds just fine, are there other recordings of this where the quality may be substandard? Myself? I just don't hear it on my version (Varese).
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

I'd welcome remastered re-releases of a number of Varese soundtracks including the awfully put together Road Warrior soundtrack. Wavelength should get remastered.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Beaubourg wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Yep.

I know it's wandering off topic, but I've heard this a lot about Wavelength. While my copy sounds just fine, are there other recordings of this where the quality may be substandard? Myself? I just don't hear it on my version (Varese).
That's the version i've got as well. It sounds OK but it a good way off of what it could or should sound like.
groovemeister

Post by groovemeister »

wayfarer wrote:I'd welcome remastered re-releases of a number of Varese soundtracks including the awfully put together Road Warrior soundtrack. Wavelength should get remastered.

If you're talking about Brian May's 'The Road Warrior', i'm sorry to say that the masters are lost and no new release or expanded release is possible.
________
MARIJUANA VAPORIZERS
Last edited by groovemeister on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

groovemeister wrote:
wayfarer wrote:I'd welcome remastered re-releases of a number of Varese soundtracks including the awfully put together Road Warrior soundtrack. Wavelength should get remastered.

If you're talking about Brian May's 'The Road Warrior', i'm sorry to say that the masters are lost and no new release or expanded release is possible.
I had my suspicions. I contacted Varese a few years back and they said that Brian May put the CD together himself. I found that hard to believe as I own the vinyl version which is fine and the tracks are in proper order. I'll have to settle for my homemade bootleg.

Thanks for the info and apologies for going slightly OT.