live miles [part 2]

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:Live Miles bores me. :shock: :oops:
which bits, the guitar?

;)

to be honest I haven't listened to it in years

I will listen again and see if I get less zzzzzzz :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Livemiles is one of those albums that benefits enormously from my association with when I first heard it. I was living in the Lake District and the first snow had fallen on the fells. I remember returning from a stunning walk and putting this on whilst sipping a cup of tea by the fire.

Happy days :)
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
rigel

Post by rigel »

billythefish wrote:Livemiles is one of those albums that benefits enormously from my association with when I first heard it. I was living in the Lake District and the first snow had fallen on the fells. I remember returning from a stunning walk and putting this on whilst sipping a cup of tea by the fire.

Happy days :)
Funny how you often remember where you were, and what you were doing, when recalling an album (or book) you once read. I agree that happy associations do help elevate music, giving it a special place in one's heart. For me, Optical Race brings to mind the summer of 1988. I bought it in the big Virgin megastore on Oxford St - on import vinyl, no less - that August. It absolutely blew me away when playing it loud on my bruv's excellent hi-fi system when everyone was out :) Not as poetic as your memory of the first listen to Livemiles, but still a good one.
Erik

Post by Erik »

livemiles is like one long massive 80's TD collage. how is this not enjoyable for some?
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I love Live Miles but have to say that the live recording of the actual Berlin concert is far superior (Tangerine Tree Volume something or another). Shame that's never had an official release.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Erik

Post by Erik »

true, but i like the remixed versions of shows. it's really a different album
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Patchlead

Post by Patchlead »

I love Livemiles. :)

I always convinced that the last section of Livemiles part 2 is Dolphin Dance. The chords are the very same.

This is my favourite part of the album. I think the very last few minutes of this album are among the greatest Tangerine Dream ever produce. 8)
Erik

Post by Erik »

the actual Albuquerque show is very much worth hearing
Jon

Post by Jon »

Some dynamite material on Livemiles, but also some quite boring stuff there. But nevertheless, 86/87 were two brilliant years for TD.

I remember buying the Livemiles CD in Munster, Germany in late april 1992.