live miles [part 2]

GAZZ
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

live miles [part 2]

Post by GAZZ »

just listened to livemiles and noticed that [A] the piano bit at the beginning is somewhat different to the bootlegs of this gig namely antarktis and 20th century sesnades and also the last part of part 2 is not even on the bootlegs and this is one of my favourite pieces by td. did they record the last piece of part 2 ine the studio to finish of the album. td have already said they recorded the bridges for the album in the studio. so can anyone help me on this issue cheers :roll:
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

There is a bit of sarcasm in the title of this album, in that it's miles away from being live.
exit81

Post by exit81 »

It's pretty common knowledge that this was a studio composition. Part 1 in particular pays no resemblance to what they played live in 1986. Still brilliant though.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

exit81 wrote:It's pretty common knowledge that this was a studio composition. Part 1 in particular pays no resemblance to what they played live in 1986. Still brilliant though.
I've heard all sorts of wild stories about why it's not really live, so many in fact that I'm totally confused about the whole thing. So these days I just see it as a studio album and as such it is pretty good.
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

Been playing 'Livemiles' a lot recently. Always loved it. Just been reading reviews on www.progarchives.com - interesting how many contributors have been fooled into thinking Edgar plays guitar on the album.
24db

Post by 24db »

Peter Beasley wrote:Been playing 'Livemiles' a lot recently. Always loved it. Just been reading reviews on www.progarchives.com - interesting how many contributors have been fooled into thinking Edgar plays guitar on the album.
Franke's Emulator surely?
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

24db wrote:
Peter Beasley wrote:Been playing 'Livemiles' a lot recently. Always loved it. Just been reading reviews on www.progarchives.com - interesting how many contributors have been fooled into thinking Edgar plays guitar on the album.
Yes. I suppose they must also think that it's Edgar playing guitar on 'Unicorn Theme', 'Yellowstone Park', etc.
24db

Post by 24db »

Peter Beasley wrote:
24db wrote:
Yes. I suppose they must also think that it's Edgar playing guitar on 'Unicorn Theme', 'Yellowstone Park', etc.
I'm equally surprise by fans who confuse Johannes' overdriven Jupiter 8 as Edgar's guitar in the past
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Well I guess not every fan of TD is a technical nerd I know I am not either but having said that I can tell when its real guitar or not.

it would be foolish to think that every follower of TD music is also a follower of what piece of kit was used on what album some fans just listen to the music only.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

cantosis wrote:Well I guess not every fan of TD is a technical nerd I know I am not either but having said that I can tell when its real guitar or not.

it would be foolish to think that every follower of TD music is also a follower of what piece of kit was used on what album some fans just listen to the music only.

IMHO, it's always been extremely important for a "TD" "FAN" to know exactly wot guitar string or VCS3 serial number the group are using at anyone time.....indeed, one cannot be a true fan unless one has huge indepth knowledge of the metallurgical composition of Moog patch leads. fact.

:oops: :lol: :lol:

*JOKING* :P
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:Well I guess not every fan of TD is a technical nerd I know I am not either but having said that I can tell when its real guitar or not.

perhaps it's just you Matt? ;)
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:

IMHO, it's always been extremely important for a "TD" "FAN" to know exactly wot guitar string or VCS3 serial number the group are using at anyone time.....indeed, one cannot be a true fan unless one has huge indepth knowledge of the metallurgical composition of Moog patch leads. fact.

:oops: :lol: :lol:

*JOKING* :P
I've always rated the red leads...although the yellow ones weren't too bad ;)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:

perhaps it's just you Matt? ;)
Well it would make a change :wink: 8)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Live Miles bores me. :shock: :oops:
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:Live Miles bores me. :shock: :oops:
which bits, the guitar?

;)

to be honest I haven't listened to it in years