Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:13 am
Posts: 6679
Location: Bergen, Norway
Groove Unlimited have listed 11 double-CDs from TD in "Deluxe packaging", each limited to 300 copies - all from the TDI-catalogue.
Anyone who knows what this is :?: :?:
Is this perhaps how they are going to put an end to the TDI label ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
You could be right. They are listing a release date of Feb. 19th, so I guess we'll find out soon enough. BTW, did you notice the Coventry Cathedral DVD was listed for release the same day?

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:13 am
Posts: 6679
Location: Bergen, Norway
[quote="Hobo"]You could be right. They are listing a release date of Feb. 19th, so I guess we'll find out soon enough. BTW, did you notice the Coventry Cathedral DVD was listed for release the same day?[/quote]

Yes I saw that, Hobo - that's certainly good news.
But I wonder what this "Deluxe packaging" of the CDs is - maybe a trick to make the hardcore fan buy them all again... :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
bergen-dreamer wrote:
Hobo wrote:
You could be right. They are listing a release date of Feb. 19th, so I guess we'll find out soon enough. BTW, did you notice the Coventry Cathedral DVD was listed for release the same day?


Yes I saw that, Hobo - that's certainly good news.
But I wonder what this "Deluxe packaging" of the CDs is - maybe a trick to make the hardcore fan buy them all again... :cry:


I don't think many will fall for that. My guess is it's a cheap packaging option. Good for those that haven't got these, but particularly annoying if you already have one part of the double pack!

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:13 am
Posts: 6679
Location: Bergen, Norway
There is something about "limited editions", you know, which makes it very hard to resist.
I have all the albums already, so they really have to come up with something VERY special to make me buy this batch...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
bergen-dreamer wrote:
There is something about "limited editions", you know, which makes it very hard to resist.
I have all the albums already, so they really have to come up with something VERY special to make me buy this batch...


I haven't got them all, but even so I'd rather have the albums individually. I see these releases being a cardboard sleeve double pack (especially at the price). Limited or not, I'll probably give them a miss. Doubtless they will appear on ebay at ridiculously inflated prices, in the near future.

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
I got this email from CDS at the start of the week:

A list of specially priced TANGERINE DREAM double play packs limited to just a few hundred copies of each...
* Please Order Quickly *

TANGERINE DREAM: ATLANTIC WALLS+220 VOLTS LIVE (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294223) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: DREAM MIXES 3+HOLLYWOOD YEARS-VOL.2 (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294237) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: EAST+MARS POLARIS (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294233) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: OASIS+GREAT WALL OF CHINA (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294200) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: ROCKING MARS+JEANNE D'ARC (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294240) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: QUINOA+DREAM MIXES-1 (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294166) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: TOURNADO+DREAM MIXES-2 (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294221) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: TRANSSIBERIA+ROCKOON (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294214) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: TURN OF THE TIDES+PURGATORIO (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294227) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: TYRANNY OF BEAUTY+INFERNO (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294228) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: VALENTINE WHEELS+ATLANTIC BRIDGES (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294215) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: WHAT A BLAST+DREAM MIXES-4 (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294162) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

I've pretty much got them all and some of the combinations seem a little odd. Also Purgatorio and Turn of the Tides should be 3 CDs shouldn't it? I was in two minds because of the Ltd Edition tag but I'm not really a collector so......


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
Chris Monk wrote:
I got this email from CDS at the start of the week:

A list of specially priced TANGERINE DREAM double play packs limited to just a few hundred copies of each...
* Please Order Quickly *

TANGERINE DREAM: ATLANTIC WALLS+220 VOLTS LIVE (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294223) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: DREAM MIXES 3+HOLLYWOOD YEARS-VOL.2 (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294237) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: EAST+MARS POLARIS (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294233) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: OASIS+GREAT WALL OF CHINA (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294200) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: ROCKING MARS+JEANNE D'ARC (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294240) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: QUINOA+DREAM MIXES-1 (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294166) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: TOURNADO+DREAM MIXES-2 (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294221) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: TRANSSIBERIA+ROCKOON (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294214) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: TURN OF THE TIDES+PURGATORIO (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294227) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: TYRANNY OF BEAUTY+INFERNO (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294228) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: VALENTINE WHEELS+ATLANTIC BRIDGES (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294215) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: WHAT A BLAST+DREAM MIXES-4 (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294162) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

I've pretty much got them all and some of the combinations seem a little odd. Also Purgatorio and Turn of the Tides should be 3 CDs shouldn't it? I was in two minds because of the Ltd Edition tag but I'm not really a collector so......


I'd noticed the Purgatorio and TOTT thing as well Chris and I entirely agree with the odd combinations. I've only got about 5 of the above albums, but would not want to collect the others via these offers, limited edition or not. I suspect that this may be the last release of these titles though and I may end up regretting not buying them. C'est la vie!

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:59 am
Posts: 2028
Location: staying home getting stiff
An' how do you get Jean d'Arc & Rocking Mars on to two CDs?

_________________
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
redziller wrote:
An' how do you get Jean d'Arc & Rocking Mars on to two CDs?

Yep and DM1 was a double CD as well, although I do have a single disc somewhere (the horrible pink and yellow US version). Still it's a great way for a new fan to catch up on the TDI catalogue. I think if it had been me I would have put relatively similar sounding disks together.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:17 am
Posts: 1638
Location: Somerset
Chris Monk wrote:
redziller wrote:
An' how do you get Jean d'Arc & Rocking Mars on to two CDs?

Yep and DM1 was a double CD as well, although I do have a single disc somewhere (the horrible pink and yellow US version). Still it's a great way for a new fan to catch up on the TDI catalogue. I think if it had been me I would have put relatively similar sounding disks together.

DM1 was single cd with a bonus disk on TDI but was a single disk when it was released on other labels. The bonus disc was nothing to write home about, just some of the the same tracks again with different edits, really.

CDS is the best value by far for these limited editions.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:45 pm
Posts: 498
Desert_Voyager wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
redziller wrote:
An' how do you get Jean d'Arc & Rocking Mars on to two CDs?

Yep and DM1 was a double CD as well, although I do have a single disc somewhere (the horrible pink and yellow US version). Still it's a great way for a new fan to catch up on the TDI catalogue. I think if it had been me I would have put relatively similar sounding disks together.

DM1 was single cd with a bonus disk on TDI but was a single disk when it was released on other labels. The bonus disc was nothing to write home about, just some of the the same tracks again with different edits, really.

CDS is the best value by far for these limited editions.

But don't forget the two unreleased tracks, Sojus and Iowa - which aren't too shabby, IMHO.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:17 am
Posts: 1638
Location: Somerset
Beaubourg wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
redziller wrote:
An' how do you get Jean d'Arc & Rocking Mars on to two CDs?

Yep and DM1 was a double CD as well, although I do have a single disc somewhere (the horrible pink and yellow US version). Still it's a great way for a new fan to catch up on the TDI catalogue. I think if it had been me I would have put relatively similar sounding disks together.

DM1 was single cd with a bonus disk on TDI but was a single disk when it was released on other labels. The bonus disc was nothing to write home about, just some of the the same tracks again with different edits, really.

CDS is the best value by far for these limited editions.

But don't forget the two unreleased tracks, Sojus and Iowa - which aren't too shabby, IMHO.


I can't remember these tracks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
But don't forget the two unreleased tracks, Sojus and Iowa - which aren't too shabby, IMHO.[/quote]


Very good tracks indeed, but were'nt they only on the double CD version of DM1?,


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:03 pm 
redziller wrote:
An' how do you get Jean d'Arc & Rocking Mars on to two CDs?

Could it mean that Jeanne d'Arc & Rocking Mars and the other albums are packaged just like Vault IV with an extra slipcase? And all the cd's are there?


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage