Epsilon?

entropean
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Epsilon?

Post by entropean »

Has anyone else heard/read anywhere that the original Virgin version of Froese's Epsilon In Malaysian Pale is being negotiated over for re-release?
timer

Re: Epsilon?

Post by timer »

entropean wrote:Has anyone else heard/read anywhere that the original Virgin version of Froese's Epsilon In Malaysian Pale is being negotiated over for re-release?
No but it would be most welcome.

Current prices for an original are pretty steep at present.

Do you have any info ? 8)
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I can't understand why it's corrected. Aqua and ages are still out there. Pinnacles & Kamikaze 1989 should also still be in print. Happily I own the lot but I can see where it would be nice for newbies to be able to buy them at a reasonable price.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I would be very surprised if this does get a re-release and although i do have a signed original and the re-recorded version im sure for many fans it would be most welcome :idea:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
hansx

Post by hansx »

epsilon75 wrote:I would be very surprised if this does get a re-release and although i do have a signed original and the re-recorded version im sure for many fans it would be most welcome :idea:
you can say that. most welcome. :D
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

epsilon75 wrote:I would be very surprised if this does get a re-release and although i do have a signed original and the re-recorded version im sure for many fans it would be most welcome :idea:
I also find it hard to belive that Virgin (EMI) will bother - which is of course a great shame that one of the TRUE classic EM albums is not available :evil: :cry:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Makes my blood boil; Virgin won't re-release it and they'll make damned sure no one else will either. It's the same with the film companies and TD's old soundtracks. :evil:
24db

Post by 24db »

how many units do 'we' think they would sell of Epsilon?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:how many units do 'we' think they would sell of Epsilon?
Good Question
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
Good Question
afterall most of 'us' already have a copy, so would we buy another one?
jacob

Post by jacob »

epsilon75 wrote:
Good Question
You mean Virgin? I guess an Eastgate stock is somewhere between 2000-5000 units, and I gues an equal amount of people would buy it.
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
24db

Post by 24db »

jacob wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Good Question
You mean Virgin? I guess an Eastgate stock is somewhere between 2000-5000 units, and I gues an equal amount of people would buy it.
Can't see it. Nobody can say TD sell X amount of units for anyone album. 20 years ago you could have had an approx amount, but these days it's just total guess work (with respect to you Jacob), there's far too many outlets to buy things (yeah I know not all TD's albums are available beyond this site), and I know some people think that unless it's in SMDs chart it aint selling etc (especially SMD ;))...but ask yourself how many online stores do you buy your stuff from these days? I use about a dozen. I can't see Virgin even answering their phone for less that 5000 sales, costs and distribution would eat into this and make it a waste of time and money (from their POV). However there are smaller labels that would be prepared to take on the risk, purely to get the music out there...but as we know Virgin are prepared to sit on the rights for decades, just to protect their rights, even if they haven't got the balls to release it themselves.
jacob

Post by jacob »

I just guessed that there would be less than 5000 potential buyers, in case it was released.
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
24db

Post by 24db »

jacob wrote:I just guessed that there would be less than 5000 potential buyers, in case it was released.
you might be right or wrong...even the band don't talk about sales figures that much, that's what I've been told anyway
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

I still don't have it on any hard format! :(