CF - Raven Soundtrack

jacob
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by jacob »

alipaul wrote:More to do with what as been said the past i haven't read anything new lately.

Do you think he's trying to get back in the fold being as TD are now in resurgence ?
It's my impression that he have never run a popularity contest with TD, in fact I can't think of a musician who, more than him, has let his audience behind.
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Didn't like Raven much when I first bought it......

.....just listened to it now and I still don't like it.

It's sounds like a poor attempt at a Miami Vice type of soundtrack. There are one or two interesting bits (Black Dragon for one) but they are few and far between. The singing is OK and the guitar playing is workman-like but it's not something I'd go out of my way to listen to.
Jon

Post by Jon »

I think Raven is very nice, I would love more stuff like that from Franke.
razor

Post by razor »

Well, there we have it then. Some people like it and others more or less hate it.

But to me, It's still one of CF's best Soundtrack attempts (even better than Celestine Prophecy), and I find the Raven Theme, Dont Walk Away, Secret Memories & Mental Images to be the best of the bunch. That's class! :)
"You Laugh At Me Because I'm Diffrent, I Laugh At You Because You're All The Same"
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

razor wrote:Well, there we have it then. Some people like it and others more or less hate it.

But to me, It's still one of CF's best Soundtrack attempts (even better than Celestine Prophecy), and I find the Raven Theme, Dont Walk Away, Secret Memories & Mental Images to be the best of the bunch. That's class! :)
I have to say I like all of the albums I have heard by CF even the Babylon 5 stuff. I really like The Celestine Prophecy as well even though it leans a bit towards the new age panpipes stuff at time, it still has some great melodies and does have soul.

I must try and fisnish the book to it as well, I have had it for like 12 years :oops:
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

A lot of what Franke composes is lightweight and disappointingly shallow. I own most of the B5 soundtracks because there is some great music on those. I haven't played the Raven CD much. I might give it a try, again.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
jacob wrote:
alipaul wrote:Does he produce anything of any quality anymore or does he still sit in his ivory tower slagging off Edgar & TD
I haven't read any slagging off Edgar and TD. Only the opposite.
I wonder if claiming that he did more of music than Edgar and Edgar was more of a businessman is a helpful comment about an old colleague?...and this dates from when Chris and Edgar were still in contact.

this from 1994 I think:

Chris Franke"..Tangerine Dream is more like a company than a band in some ways. The problems at that time were just between me - as more of musician - and Edgar - who was more like a manager. Of course, our roles often overlapped, but by percentage, I did more music and he did more of the organizational stuff..."

According to rumour, Chris's contribution to several of TD's later albums is far far less than some fans think and far less than Chris claims. Anyway, let's not change the topic of the thread. I think we all agree that Chris is a talented guy and a good musician, regardless of our taste in music
Well what i was told that he put a very small percentage in to the last album before he went,and i mean very small :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
GAZZ

Post by GAZZ »

chris franke first 2 or 3 albums were ok and i really liked the 1st bab 5 album but after that my cd player just did'nt want to know anymore ,he should have stayed with td if it was at all possible :roll: :roll:
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
jacob wrote: I haven't read any slagging off Edgar and TD. Only the opposite.
I wonder if claiming that he did more of music than Edgar and Edgar was more of a businessman is a helpful comment about an old colleague?...and this dates from when Chris and Edgar were still in contact.

this from 1994 I think:

Chris Franke"..Tangerine Dream is more like a company than a band in some ways. The problems at that time were just between me - as more of musician - and Edgar - who was more like a manager. Of course, our roles often overlapped, but by percentage, I did more music and he did more of the organizational stuff..."

According to rumour, Chris's contribution to several of TD's later albums is far far less than some fans think and far less than Chris claims. Anyway, let's not change the topic of the thread. I think we all agree that Chris is a talented guy and a good musician, regardless of our taste in music
Well what i was told that he put a very small percentage in to the last album before he went,and i mean very small :arrow:

His name on the sleeve i heard !!!! :shock:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

jacob wrote:
alipaul wrote:More to do with what as been said the past i haven't read anything new lately.

Do you think he's trying to get back in the fold being as TD are now in resurgence ?
It's my impression that he have never run a popularity contest with TD, in fact I can't think of a musician who, more than him, has let his audience behind.
It's just a shame as i think he was once an excellent musician i just think he's lost sight of how good a musician he was

alipaul

Post by alipaul »

24db wrote:
jacob wrote:
alipaul wrote:Does he produce anything of any quality anymore or does he still sit in his ivory tower slagging off Edgar & TD
I haven't read any slagging off Edgar and TD. Only the opposite.

this from 1994 I think:

I think it's more likely CF has become the businessman with his sonic images sound libraries

24db

Post by 24db »

alipaul wrote:
24db wrote:
jacob wrote: I haven't read any slagging off Edgar and TD. Only the opposite.

this from 1994 I think:

I think it's more likely CF has become the businessman with his sonic images sound libraries
I wan't aware these were even still going Daz
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I bought a copy of Raven this week off e bay. Not a lot to say really. The stand outs can be found on other CF albums (don't know which) I recognised a few sequences from Klemania ..The vocal tracks aren't my cuppa tea at all. Quite a poor album IMO.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

24db wrote:
alipaul wrote:
24db wrote: I wonder if claiming that he did more of music than Edgar and Edgar was more of a businessman is a helpful comment about an old colleague?...and this dates from when Chris and Edgar were still in contact.

this from 1994 I think:

I wan't aware these were even still going Daz
I don't think they are anymore successful weren't they :wink:

Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

sparrow wrote:I bought a copy of Raven this week off e bay. Not a lot to say really. The stand outs can be found on other CF albums (don't know which) I recognised a few sequences from Klemania ..The vocal tracks aren't my cuppa tea at all. Quite a poor album IMO.
Have to agree got mine off E Bay 3 years ago and soon sold it again.