which is your favourite live td album ?

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by cantosis »

razor wrote:Firestarter will always have a special place in my heart, and is the best CD they ever produced, in my opinion :)
but it isn`t live is it? :oops:
razor

Post by razor »

cantosis wrote:
razor wrote:Firestarter will always have a special place in my heart, and is the best CD they ever produced, in my opinion :)
Oops, didn't realize it was about Live CD's, till now. I read the topic too fast, sorry, my mistake :(:)
"You Laugh At Me Because I'm Diffrent, I Laugh At You Because You're All The Same"
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

razor wrote:
cantosis wrote:
Oops, didn't realize it was about Live CD's, till now. I read the topic too fast, sorry, my mistake :(:)
hehe we all do it sometimes 8)
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

It's Poland for me... still... after all these years :-)
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I still have a place for 220 volt. I remember buying the album mail order on it's release and being pleasantly surprised by the Rocky feel to the album.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

sparrow wrote:I still have a place for 220 volt. I remember buying the album mail order on it's release and being pleasantly surprised by the Rocky feel to the album.
Yeh, there's some very nice guitar on there by Ed, Jerry and the Z man. Arizona tops it for me now though.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Chris Monk wrote:
sparrow wrote:I still have a place for 220 volt. I remember buying the album mail order on it's release and being pleasantly surprised by the Rocky feel to the album.
Yeh, there's some very nice guitar on there by Ed, Jerry and the Z man. Arizona tops it for me now though.
Yeah ..Arizona is how it should've been release first time round. It is a great live CD IMO.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

sparrow wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Yeah ..Arizona is how it should've been release first time round. It is a great live CD IMO.
Rockface is another very good live album. As I said I can`t pick one :D
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

cantosis wrote:
sparrow wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Yeh, there's some very nice guitar on there by Ed, Jerry and the Z man. Arizona tops it for me now though.
Rockface is another very good live album. As I said I can`t pick one :D
Another thing that's worth pointing out is just how different all of TD's live albums are. I've got live albums by some bands (who will remain nameless) that, despite being recorded often many decades apart, have nearly the same tracklisting and sound pretty much the same. Fortunately for us TD's live album output has been quite varied and interesting.
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

It has to be Poland for me... :wink:

I purchased the CD years ago not knowing that it had been shortened slightly, but recently purchased it on vinyl, in lovely, near mint condition, and with far superior artwork.... a nice little package... :wink:
Be at one with the sequencing.....
jacob

Post by jacob »

If I have to choose one... it must be Tournado. It's probably not the best, but it's the one, which has affected me the most when listening at first.
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

jacob wrote:If I have to choose one... it must be Tournado. It's probably not the best, but it's the one, which has affected me the most when listening at first.
It is a good live album Jacob..the last I was able to buy 'new' locally. Virgin in Falkirk had about 10 copies on the shelves.. :shock:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

sparrow wrote:
jacob wrote:If I have to choose one... it must be Tournado. It's probably not the best, but it's the one, which has affected me the most when listening at first.
It is a good live album Jacob..the last I was able to buy 'new' locally. Virgin in Falkirk had about 10 copies on the shelves.. :shock:

I like Tournado as well.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I like both Tournado and Valentine wheels,fond memories of that 97 tour 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:I like both Tournado and Valentine wheels,fond memories of that 97 tour 8)
I can't listen to one with out then listening to the other. Put them on together and you have a great record of the 1997 tour.