Optical Race remastered Ltd edition.

sparrow
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Optical Race remastered Ltd edition.

Post by sparrow »

Just had a mail from CDS saying the Optical Race album is to be reissued in Japan in a very Ltd. edition replica card sleeve. I love this album so have ordered it. It'll be an expensive venture if the others are released. CDS want 19.99 gbp.
epsilon75

Re: Optical Race remastered Ltd edition.

Post by epsilon75 »

sparrow wrote:Just had a mail from CDS saying the Optical Race album is to be reissued in Japan in a very Ltd. edition replica card sleeve. I love this album so have ordered it. It'll be an expensive venture if the others are released. CDS want 19.99 gbp.
Nice for collectors John as are all the Japanese paper sleeves 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

BM willl get this, as he loves Optical Race, it has a special place in my heart as it defines a happy time in his life...great album, excellent imho :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I first heard it around 1997 and I remember thinking it sounded quite dated. But looking at the tracklist now there are some very good tracks like Mothers Of Rain, Sun Gate and Marakesh.

It`s just my over riding memory of this album is the title track which I remember thiniking was awfull and sounded like something of one of my budget Amiga games I was playing at the time.

But I think it deserves to get another listen by me.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

cantosis wrote:I first heard it around 1997 and I remember thinking it sounded quite dated. But looking at the tracklist now there are some very good tracks like Mothers Of Rain, Sun Gate and Marakesh.

It`s just my over riding memory of this album is the title track which I remember thiniking was awfull and sounded like something of one of my budget Amiga games I was playing at the time.

But I think it deserves to get another listen by me.

of course in 2008, with TDs current direction, OR is terribly dated....but for me, Sungate is such a superb track, that it leads OR into classic status.....for me that is :wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

"Mothers of Rain" is a classic piece,a very emotional track for me to listen to :arrow:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

epsilon75 wrote:"Mothers of Rain" is a classic piece,a very emotional track for me to listen to :arrow:

Whenever I watch the tempodrome gig I always spot you at the start of that track 8) . But I agree it is a very emotional piece of music.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

cantosis wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:"Mothers of Rain" is a classic piece,a very emotional track for me to listen to :arrow:

Whenever I watch the tempodrome gig I always spot you at the start of that track 8) . But I agree it is a very emotional piece of music.
It has caused a watering of the eyes on more than one occasion,and the concert you mention was one of them :cry: :cry: :wink:
Misterdance

Post by Misterdance »

Optical race 1988 was my first encouter with TD.
I cherish this album. Nowadays I own a larger collection of TD.
I never heard one track of TD when I listened to O Race.
After a while I went on searchin for more material of TD.

Optical Race? My first TD LOVE!

:D
MD.
:wink: :!:
Fred-E Skywalker fka Misterdance.

Visit my website: http://www.fredvdwerf.nl
GAZZ

Post by GAZZ »

i adore optical race except two tracks , optical race and twin soul tribe. but overall the album is a td classic and holds great memories for me,tracks like atlas eyes,mothers of rain,catscan and sungate to name a few are absolute crackers !!! :roll: :roll:
hansx

Post by hansx »

Still like this album. Bought it after a few years of less interest in TD. It never ended after that. :D
But is there anything extra on the cd? Guess not, usually the Japanese things are beauties in sound,but not in extra's. :(
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Yep, a very good album. Sounds a bit dated now. I wonder what the new version will be like?
Misterdance

Post by Misterdance »

Chris Monk wrote:Yep, a very good album. Sounds a bit dated now. I wonder what the new version will be like?
I ask myself the same queston ..

MD
:) :wink:
Fred-E Skywalker fka Misterdance.

Visit my website: http://www.fredvdwerf.nl
hansx

Post by hansx »

Misterdance wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:Yep, a very good album. Sounds a bit dated now. I wonder what the new version will be like?
I ask myself the same queston ..

MD
:) :wink:
it is the same version, so not edited by Edgar. I suppose a bit clearer in sounds.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

The 2003 re-recorded version is very good IMHO 8)