Force Majeure
17%
Exit
23%
White Eagle
20%

Total votes: 30

Sfearical Sequence
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

I actually did vote for Cyclone. I think it's the one album that is most likely to be significantly improved by a re-recording (and the least likely to cause zealous fans to shout 'heresy' and 'sacrilege'). There were some good ideas on there that could benefit from being revisited. And if it were to be done without vocals . . . :)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Sfearical Sequence wrote:I actually did vote for Cyclone. I think it's the one album that is most likely to be significantly improved by a re-recording (and the least likely to cause zealous fans to shout 'heresy' and 'sacrilege'). There were some good ideas on there that could benefit from being revisited. And if it were to be done without vocals . . . :)

Im going to be controversial and say: NO WAY, please leave Cyclone alone :idea:
...The wise.....are silent.....
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

bigmoog wrote:I'm going to be controversial: no more rerecordings, thank you

:D :P
yap............. more new music instead of dodgy rerecordings of historical masterpieces. :!:
time is the fire in which we burn (zoran)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Talking of Cyclone I stuck it on the other day for the first time in ages and I actually really like it, the first track especially. The vocals fit in well with that music.
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

cantosis wrote:The vocals fit in well with that music.
whaaaaaaaaatt??? :shock: :roll: ............. td + vocals is like fish + strawberries with cream imo ................ buuuuuaaaah :x ........... only tyger is hearable.
time is the fire in which we burn (zoran)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

krismopompas wrote:
cantosis wrote:The vocals fit in well with that music.
whaaaaaaaaatt??? :shock: :roll: ............. td + vocals is like fish + strawberries with cream imo ................ buuuuuaaaah :x ........... only tyger is hearable.

I don`t like Tyger but all the other TD albums with vocals float my boat especially MFD 8)
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

cantosis wrote:Talking of Cyclone I stuck it on the other day for the first time in ages and I actually really like it, the first track especially. The vocals fit in well with that music.
I think a lot of fans forget that half the album ('Madrigal Meridian') has no vocals at all, and 'Bent Cold Sidewalk' has a long instrumental break, so that total time that you hear the dulcet tones :P of Steve Joliffe is not all that much.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Interesting that Cyclone has the most votes so far :shock:
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

bigmoog wrote:I'm going to be controversial: no more rerecordings, thank you

:D :P
I agree :)
jacob

Post by jacob »

It's always with curiosity I listen to the re-recordings for the first time. But the news value fades very quickly, and the originals wins my favour.

I voted Force Majeure. If MarinateGender can re-do it, so can TD! :wink:
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
timer

Post by timer »

jacob wrote:It's always with curiosity I listen to the re-recordings for the first time. But the news value fades very quickly, and the originals wins my favour.

I voted Force Majeure. If MarinateGender can re-do it, so can TD! :wink:
Marinatengender may have done it mate , but where is it ??? Could get the record for the longest production in history ! If it doesn't do a Viynl of The Keep :shock:

BM ???
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Well i have to admit ive really enjoyed the re-recorded albums,it took me a while with Hyperborea but when i sat listened and gave it my attention it grew on me.

Phaedra i very muched enjoyed after fewer listens but,Tangram just got my attention immediately and that is my favorite.

They may not be the originals,but these recordings hold up very well and breath some fresh air and new sounds into them and,i think they are excellent in the concert setting,im very glad i bought them 8) :D :P
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:Well i have to admit ive really enjoyed the re-recorded albums,it took me a while with Hyperborea but when i sat listened and gave it my attention it grew on me.

Phaedra i very muched enjoyed after fewer listens but,Tangram just got my attention immediately and that is my favorite.

They may not be the originals,but these recordings hold up very well and breath some fresh air and new sounds into them and,i think they are excellent in the concert setting,im very glad i bought them 8) :D :P
Great post CJ. I totally agree.

Ive also enjoyed ALL of the re recordings, mind you as a complete, and now self confessed 'TD NUT'** I welcome any new releases by the Great man Be they rerecordings , remixes , vintage, modern.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

The only one I think could be done well is Exit. I also hope there are no more although if there was I'd still buy the darn thing. :oops:
redziller

Post by redziller »

What a good question!

I voted Exit as I find the older the piece the less well the make-over works. But a fine job was done with Tangram and I think that worked because essentially it has just a few lines working together in the original which gives plenty of scope for working around it.

So White Eagle too I feel would work.

It's interesting how the ear/mind works though, although there's more notes in the make-overs, you can only focus on so much so you don't feel anything missing on hearing the ariginal again. At least that's my experience.
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game