palast der republik 1980

GAZZ
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

palast der republik 1980

Post by GAZZ »

we have all probably got pergamon and other associated cds that are of this concert.my question is once again where is the footage from this historic concert [ and i know for a fact that it was filmed by the east german broaacasting network] this would be another memorable concert to have in the td collection.
epsilon75

Re: palast der republik 1980

Post by epsilon75 »

GAZZ wrote:we have all probably got pergamon and other associated cds that are of this concert.my question is once again where is the footage from this historic concert [ and i know for a fact that it was filmed by the east german broaacasting network] this would be another memorable concert to have in the td collection.
Unless the band have footage which is IMHO unlikely its probably gone to the grave,i would love to be proved wrong.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
GAZZ

Post by GAZZ »

thats what i was afriaid of ,especially as east gerrmany no longer exisists. and i,ve also been told that the palast der republik was to be demolished if it hasn,t been already ,another slice of td history dissapearing :roll: :roll:
timer

Post by timer »

Im sure I saw somewhere that the footage for this had been purchased from an E.German TV station a couple of years ago, by a TD fan !.

Whether this is fact or fiction remains to be seen
Last edited by timer on Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
jacob

Post by jacob »

There was an old GDR tv station, DRA, which did a feature called 'Musik Aus Dem Computer' with a 13 minutes long segment on Tangerine Dream's concerts on the 31st January 1980. It includes some music segments, appearently to originate from either a soundcheck or the afternoon performance.
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

GAZZ wrote:thats what i was afriaid of ,especially as east gerrmany no longer exisists. and i,ve also been told that the palast der republik was to be demolished if it hasn,t been already ,another slice of td history dissapearing :roll: :roll:
We walked across to the PDR on the day of the Tempodrom concert and if my memory serves me right it was under demolishing at that time.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

Prior to the Paradiso show a few years ago, Edgar appeared in an interview on German TV (rbb station). Some very short snippets of old concerts were shown. One was from the start of the East Berlin 1980 concert. I have that on tape somewhere. It was in German of course.
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Checked out the Palast Der Republik on wikipedia and there are pictures of it been demolished. Apparently, there was quite alot of asbestos used in the construction and it was closed in the mid-ninties. Demolition of the building was put on hold when more asbestos was found. Great looking building though.
TD certainly have played in some great venues, the Palast Der Republik, Tempodrome, Alter Oper and not forgetting the Kursal in Southend on Sea. ;-):-):-)
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

jacob wrote:There was an old GDR tv station, DRA, which did a feature called 'Musik Aus Dem Computer' with a 13 minutes long segment on Tangerine Dream's concerts on the 31st January 1980. It includes some music segments, appearently to originate from either a soundcheck or the afternoon performance.
In the GDR was only the state TV Fernsehen der DDR, which had 2 programmes (DDR F1 and DDR F2).
All recordings from Fernsehen der DDR are in the Deutsches Rundfunkarchiv Babelsberg, Postdam (near Berlin) and for charges available for everybody for private use. If there is a complete recording, you will find it there.
Some years ago I asked there for some audio recordings (90min, not TD), this would have been approximately 200 Euros (!) at that time - too expensive for me.
But how I heard, a prominent member of the TD fan community didn't have to pay so much in 2006.
jacob

Post by jacob »

Thanks for clarifying that. :)
DRA must stand for Deutsches Rundfunkarchiv then.
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
timer

Post by timer »

Maybe some one could make contact and see if this monumental concert is available :idea: