TD track associated with a love affair...:-)

Nero
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TD track associated with a love affair...:-)

Post by Nero »

Hi Tadreamers,

It maybe sounds strange, but is there a track by TD you associate with a personal love story?
For example, I associate the track "Girl On The Stairs" with one of my biggest love:-)....this was OUR song! We both were Schimanski fans (the German TATORT detective - a German TV series) and watched the movie when we were heavily in love. "Girl on the Stairs" still triggers off good memories and feelings.....We had a great time in the 80ies...! :lol:

I just listened to White Eagle that's why I came up with those thoughts....
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

Song of the Whale pt 1 played that to my future wife on our first date :)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hyperboreauk wrote:Song of the Whale pt 1 played that to my future wife on our first date :)
My wife likes this Gary,you old romantic you :P :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
razor

Post by razor »

Song Of The Whale Part II was one of the first songs my girlfriend actually played when we were in deep love (and in bed ;))

This was years ago, but I still remember the feelings that creeps up every time I listen to this tune.
"You Laugh At Me Because I'm Diffrent, I Laugh At You Because You're All The Same"
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Without going into details I have some nice memories in connection with the "Beach theme" :oops: :)
phaedra1974

Post by phaedra1974 »

Not on TD, but my wife likes Johannes Schmoellings "Songs no words" and Chris Frankes "Celestine prophecy" very much, so I have very nice memories of these recordings. I have played them very often at the time my wife and I came together.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Nothing TD related but I do have very happy memories of Trick of the Tail by Genesis. Those were the days......sigh.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

If i were able i would love to roll around in the waves on Maroubra Bay with ********* :wink: in my G-String whilst listening to Maroubra Bay, what a wonderful thought it is :oops: :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:If i were able i would love to roll around in the waves on Maroubra Bay with ********* :wink: in my G-String whilst listening to Maroubra Bay, what a wonderful thought it is :oops: :arrow:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! don't leave me with that mental image with only 4 weeks to go to the meet up Colin ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:If i were able i would love to roll around in the waves on Maroubra Bay with ********* :wink: in my G-String whilst listening to Maroubra Bay, what a wonderful thought it is :oops: :arrow:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! don't leave me with that mental image with only 4 weeks to go to the meet up Colin ;)
Dont worry mate,there is nothing to be frightened of :arrow: EXTRA small G-string :oops: :cry: :wink:
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Now that’s a funny Question. :lol:

:!: :arrow:
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I used to get it on to Coldwater Canyon........................if you could just get the timing right !!!!!! :oops:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

My Wife always loved twenty nine palms
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Lucan

Re: TD track associated with a love affair...:-)

Post by Lucan »

Nero wrote:Hi Tadreamers,

It maybe sounds strange, but is there a track by TD you associate with a personal love story?
For example, I associate the track "Girl On The Stairs" with one of my biggest love:-)....this was OUR song! We both were Schimanski fans (the German TATORT detective - a German TV series) and watched the movie when we were heavily in love. "Girl on the Stairs" still triggers off good memories and feelings.....We had a great time in the 80ies...! :lol:

I just listened to White Eagle that's why I came up with those thoughts....
I once dated a girl who could barely stand Tangerine Dream. She was the most TD-friendly girlfriend I ever had.

If I ever meet a girl who likes "Zeit" I shall rush off and marry her upon the very instant.

So...uh...I don't really have any TD related personal love stories. A pity, that.
If celibacy was good enough for my father, and his father before him, it's bloody well good enough for me!
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Some of the themes in TD's music take me back to being young and the emotions that were raging through my system as a teenager. Examples? Perhaps, "Mae's Theme" from Near Dark. Some of Tangram captured various states of mind, not always good, of being a 15 year old. Different peices of Tangerine Dream remind me of different women as I've got older; Girl on the Stairs being one.