coventry 1974 finaly on DVD

alipaul
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by alipaul »

we can but dream :wink:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

alipaul wrote:maybe it'll be at the gig :shock:

Darren i would love you to be right, but somehow :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

epsilon75 wrote:
alipaul wrote:maybe it'll be at the gig :shock:

Darren i would love you to be right, but somehow :arrow:
Colin

I was going to add pigs might fly :roll:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
hansx

Post by hansx »

It is a shame that it only last 35 minutes or about hat. One euro for every minute. Think I will make a copy of that one when I have the possibility. :D
JD

Post by JD »

Well I ordered this before I found out it was overdubbed, and now Ive watched it I have realised the futility of such a project is all too common with most things in life these days. Nobody seems to have the ability to release anything thats realy quality anymore, its all rush jobs, budget jobs, con jobs etc etc etc

The world has gone to pot ! and its taking my hard earned money with it.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

JD wrote:Well I ordered this before I found out it was overdubbed, and now Ive watched it I have realised the futility of such a project is all too common with most things in life these days. Nobody seems to have the ability to release anything thats realy quality anymore, its all rush jobs, budget jobs, con jobs etc etc etc

I think a pretty good job has been done with this release. Don't forget, it's basically a remaster of something that was shot 30 odd years ago. I guess the moral is "look before you leap"
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
JD

Post by JD »

Hobo wrote:
JD wrote:Well I ordered this before I found out it was overdubbed, and now Ive watched it I have realised the futility of such a project is all too common with most things in life these days. Nobody seems to have the ability to release anything thats realy quality anymore, its all rush jobs, budget jobs, con jobs etc etc etc

I think a pretty good job has been done with this release. Don't forget, it's basically a remaster of something that was shot 30 odd years ago. I guess the moral is "look before you leap"
yeah but i mean pointless by just overdubbing music that doesnt fit the pictures.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

JD wrote:
Hobo wrote:

yeah but i mean pointless by just overdubbing music that doesnt fit the pictures.
I understand what you are saying, but with a running time of only 27 minutes, this is obviously not the entire concert. As such, the original music, does not fit the edited footage. The original footage was edited to fit a half hour tv slot and I assume that whatever material was cut, has either been destroyed, or isn't in a usable state.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Can you imagine getting the actual footage with the actual music of the whole concert :arrow: now that would excite me BIG time 8)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:Can you imagine getting the actual footage with the actual music of the whole concert :arrow: now that would excite me BIG time 8)
I have imagined it on numerous occasions Colin, but the mere thought of it, is destroying brain cells!
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:Can you imagine getting the actual footage with the actual music of the whole concert :arrow: now that would excite me BIG time 8)
As Heiko H pointed out, there is a short excerpt that was aired with the original soundtrack 'out there' somewhere. So it exists
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Well the DVD ive got with the actual CC tree recording on it is not that bad really :arrow: but in no way makes up for the real thing :arrow:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
As Heiko H pointed out, there is a short excerpt that was aired with the original soundtrack 'out there' somewhere. So it exists
"Out there", but where. You'd think that somehow this would have come to light over the years. TD fans are generally a resourceful bunch (often through necessity) and it's amazing no-one has managed to ferret this out.
hansx

Post by hansx »

But I fear you will never gonna see it in this life.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

hansx wrote:
But I fear you will never gonna see it in this life.
Sad but true Hans. Still, we live in hope.