Risky Business 25th Anniversary DVD

HarryPotter No7
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Risky Business 25th Anniversary DVD

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

was checking out this little gem of a movie at the weekend, and whilst listening to the audio commentary by Tom Cruise (star), Jon Avnet (producer) and Paul Brickman (director) there was quite a bit of homage paid to TD for their excellent soundtrack, especially from Mr Cruise which is nice.
Also, on the documentary TD were again praised, at one point a studio pic of TD was shown together with the director during the film's soundtrack production.
Nothing mega-exciting I know but it's always nice to hear TD getting some kind of recognition they deserve.......
All the best :)
cantosis

Re: Risky Business 25th Anniversary DVD

Post by cantosis »

HarryPotter No7 wrote:was checking out this little gem of a movie at the weekend, and whilst listening to the audio commentary by Tom Cruise (star), Jon Avnet (producer) and Paul Brickman (director) there was quite a bit of homage paid to TD for their excellent soundtrack, especially from Mr Cruise which is nice.
Also, on the documentary TD were again praised, at one point a studio pic of TD was shown together with the director during the film's soundtrack production.
Nothing mega-exciting I know but it's always nice to hear TD getting some kind of recognition they deserve.......
All the best :)

Must add this to my birthday wishlist. I am a big fan of the film. I think the TD music really stands out in this movie, it seems to fit perfectly.
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Thanks for the info! I've holded out buying this film, for years, until a decent print came along.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Dare say that I'll probably get this at some point. I'm not a huge fan of the film, but the music is brilliant.

.....a recommendation from Tom Cruise? Is that a good thing? :wink:
ant

Post by ant »

:? I purchased this again on Blu-Ray, having already got it on DVD some time ago, and my player won't play the commentary tracks so that's great isn't it. You invest your hard earned money in new technology only to find some things don't play on some machines. Very annoying indeed, even more so now I know TD get a mention. I will now have to buy it again on DVD!! :twisted:
Biggus Dickus
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I’ll Might buy it on Blu-ray.

8)

:!: :arrow:
GAZZ

Post by GAZZ »

got the film on video yes video and have held off buying it on d.v.d.but now there is a documentry about the film including bits and bobs about td then its time for another purchase :roll: :roll:
A Hyperborean

Risky Business and Near Dark TD mention

Post by A Hyperborean »

GAZZ wrote:got the film on video yes video and have held off buying it on d.v.d.but now there is a documentry about the film including bits and bobs about td then its time for another purchase :roll: :roll:
Yes, I'll be tempted to get this anniversary edition if TD are mentioned. There was an anniversary special edition DVD of Near Dark around 1997 I think, and the director Kathryn Bigelow very briefly mentions TD in her commentary, saying she visited them in Germany (blink and you'll miss it). Near Dark is very violent and it's not a favourite, but TD did an excellent job to emphasise the horror in the story.
TD's soundtrack for Risky Business is awesome. The scene with Rebecca de Mornay and Mr Cruise on the train wouldn't have had the impact without TDs brilliant music. (I also got into Talking Heads from this film too, as the track "Burning Down The House" was used). So, an important film from my point of view.
We can't talk about soundtracks with mentioning Thief of course. For me this is a great film and TD worked with Micheal Mann to fantastic effect. It's a pity they didn't do more with him.
Tangerine Dream cleans my brain.
HarryPotter No7

Re: Risky Business and Near Dark TD mention

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

A Hyperborean wrote:
GAZZ wrote:got the film on video yes video and have held off buying it on d.v.d.but now there is a documentry about the film including bits and bobs about td then its time for another purchase :roll: :roll:
Yes, I'll be tempted to get this anniversary edition if TD are mentioned. There was an anniversary special edition DVD of Near Dark around 1997 I think, and the director Kathryn Bigelow very briefly mentions TD in her commentary, saying she visited them in Germany (blink and you'll miss it). Near Dark is very violent and it's not a favourite, but TD did an excellent job to emphasise the horror in the story.
TD's soundtrack for Risky Business is awesome. The scene with Rebecca de Mornay and Mr Cruise on the train wouldn't have had the impact without TDs brilliant music. (I also got into Talking Heads from this film too, as the track "Burning Down The House" was used). So, an important film from my point of view.
We can't talk about soundtracks with mentioning Thief of course. For me this is a great film and TD worked with Micheal Mann to fantastic effect. It's a pity they didn't do more with him.
......don't forget the almighty The Keep with Mr Mann :)