Help needed with TD usic like Beach Bay Bunker

zirk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Help needed with TD usic like Beach Bay Bunker

Post by zirk »

:?:
Dear TD fans, I'm new here. I do like some of the well known music of TD, and I have 5 or 6 CD's from TD. But I heard a piece of music lately from one of their boxes which I like very much, even more than the music I already have. This piece is called Beach bay bunker. I know that TD has made a vast amount of music. I was wondering if somebody could recomend me TD music in this vain.

THanks very much in advance

none Zirkzee[/list]
epsilon75

Re: Help needed with TD usic like Beach Bay Bunker

Post by epsilon75 »

zirk wrote::?:
Dear TD fans, I'm new here. I do like some of the well known music of TD, and I have 5 or 6 CD's from TD. But I heard a piece of music lately from one of their boxes which I like very much, even more than the music I already have. This piece is called Beach bay bunker. I know that TD has made a vast amount of music. I was wondering if somebody could recomend me TD music in this vain.

THanks very much in advance

none Zirkzee[/list]
Hi Zirk

This is on CD 5 of the 5CD box set "The Dream Roots Collection",the whole of that CD is of a very similar vain as it was recorded by just EF & CF. Welcome to the forum.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
zirk

Post by zirk »

Thanks, yes, that is the box I heard it on, but my question was, do you know any other TD music like this piece.
jacob

Post by jacob »

Hi Zirk and welcome to the forum.

If you like Beach Bay Bunker, you must get "The Seven Letters From Tibet" immediately!
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
timer

Post by timer »

Greetings Zirk - wellcome to the forum.

Im not familiar with that track although I have the box set - will give it a listen and give some recommendations as to other pieces in the same vain.

Cheers
zirk

Post by zirk »

Sorry, you are right. I mean any other then this CD. You are right, THe Cd is mostly like that, but I think this is the stand out piece.
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:D :D Welcome to the world of Tangerine Dream. Open your ears, Zirk. 8) :wink: :arrow:
jacob

Post by jacob »

There's a track on "Quinoa" called Lhasa, an early version of one of " The Seven Letters From Tibet" tracks, in the same vein as Beach Bay Bunker.
zirk

Post by zirk »

jacob wrote:There's a track on "Quinoa" called Lhasa, an early version of one of " The Seven Letters From Tibet" tracks, in the same vein as Beach Bay Bunker.
thanks very much, I'll try this. Is the rest of the CD god also?
none
zirk

Post by zirk »

jacob wrote:Hi Zirk and welcome to the forum.

If you like Beach Bay Bunker, you must get "The Seven Letters From Tibet" immediately!
THanks Jacob, Ill get that one.
none
jacob

Post by jacob »

zirk wrote:
jacob wrote:There's a track on "Quinoa" called Lhasa, an early version of one of " The Seven Letters From Tibet" tracks, in the same vein as Beach Bay Bunker.
thanks very much, I'll try this. Is the rest of the CD god also?
none
It's more energetic and rocking, and less atmospheric, but I think it has many qualities.
zirk

Post by zirk »

prophetfive wrote::D :D Welcome to the world of Tangerine Dream. Open your ears, Zirk. 8) :wink: :arrow:
THank propetefive, I guess my ears are open quiet a bit. I do like to get to know the TD music that fits to it. My taste varies from Genesis to Arvo Part, from Early music to Furs & frohling, from Sibelius to Yes, to name some. If you have any TD recomendations I'll be hapy

none
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

zirk wrote:
prophetfive wrote::D :D Welcome to the world of Tangerine Dream. Open your ears, Zirk. 8) :wink: :arrow:
THank propetefive, I guess my ears are open quiet a bit. I do like to get to know the TD music that fits to it. My taste varies from Genesis to Arvo Part, from Early music to Furs & frohling, from Sibelius to Yes, to name some. If you have any TD recomendations I'll be hapy

none
:D I am a fan of Yes, Sibelius, Fuhrs and Frohling, also. I suggest you start with TD Phaedra and Rubycon, if you have not already heard these albums. This will give you a sense of how groundbreaking TD's music was, back in the seventies. From there, try Stratosfear, Force Majeure, Exit and Poland. That will prepare you for the 'Digital Age' Tangerine Dream. Enjoy the musical journey, and welcome to the Forum.
24db

Post by 24db »

welcome to the forum Zirk

andy
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Welcome to the Forun Zirk. Always great to see new people getting involved. I agree with Jacob about 7 Letters. One of TD`s best albums IMHO. Also try Mota Atma. Another great album.