The KEEP

alipaul
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by alipaul »

Yes waste of good music if you ask me :wink:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

jacob wrote:
Sfearical Sequence wrote:1) The percussion is very reminiscent of the TD film music for the end titles of the movie Spasms.
Now THAT is a GOOD film...not! :wink:
Agreed. But at least for having sat through the film, you are rewarded at the end with a bit of TD! It even has a title, "Serpent Theme." Best part of the whole film!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

In this message... A tribute to Tangerine Dream's 'The Keep' soundtrack from sime big name 'EM' musicians...

RICOCHET GATHERING: KEEP ON (USA Tribute to the legendary Tangerine Dream OST/Ltd Edition/Digi-Pak - Stock # 1294098) CD £14.99
The story leading to the creation of this music goes back to 1983, when the group Tangerine Dream produced the soundtrack for Michael Mann's film: 'The Keep', a film that was made in Romania.
The music from The Keep has maintained cult status and the soundtrack eluded the general public.
So, 25 years later, for the 9th Ricochet Gathering EM event, the concept was presented to compose a new interpretation of this soundtrack, in celebration of its Silver Anniversary. The location selected was an old manor in a small village in Transylvania, Romania. The RG musicians (including: Steve Schroyder, Wolfram Spyra, Paul Lawler and Paul Nagle) were provided with 'The Keep' cues soundtrack music to study and gain inspiration from, and on the 11th of November 2008, many live and improvised performances were recorded, and a selection was chosen for the first two tracks of this release. The last track was recorded 'live' by native Romanian Indra in 1994, and this also captures the mood of 'The Keep' sound.
Track List:
01. Keep Revisited [Lawler / Nagle / Schroyder] (40.00)
02. Keep Ending [Bloom / Indra / Lawler / Nagle / Spyra] (20.20)
03. Keep Finale [Indra] (10:25)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

I thought the film was made in Wales (not Romania)...
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Beaubourg wrote:I thought the film was made in Wales (not Romania)...
It most certainly was Brad

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085780/
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

epsilon75 wrote:In this message... A tribute to Tangerine Dream's 'The Keep' soundtrack from sime big name 'EM' musicians...

RICOCHET GATHERING: KEEP ON (USA Tribute to the legendary Tangerine Dream OST/Ltd Edition/Digi-Pak - Stock # 1294098) CD £14.99
The story leading to the creation of this music goes back to 1983, when the group Tangerine Dream produced the soundtrack for Michael Mann's film: 'The Keep', a film that was made in Romania.
The music from The Keep has maintained cult status and the soundtrack eluded the general public.
So, 25 years later, for the 9th Ricochet Gathering EM event, the concept was presented to compose a new interpretation of this soundtrack, in celebration of its Silver Anniversary. The location selected was an old manor in a small village in Transylvania, Romania. The RG musicians (including: Steve Schroyder, Wolfram Spyra, Paul Lawler and Paul Nagle) were provided with 'The Keep' cues soundtrack music to study and gain inspiration from, and on the 11th of November 2008, many live and improvised performances were recorded, and a selection was chosen for the first two tracks of this release. The last track was recorded 'live' by native Romanian Indra in 1994, and this also captures the mood of 'The Keep' sound.
Track List:
I will be picking this up from Vic. Already have the Keep Cues. Good one also. :arrow: :)
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Ordered from CDS...should be an interesting album.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

tdream4ever wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:In this message... A tribute to Tangerine Dream's 'The Keep' soundtrack from sime big name 'EM' musicians...

Track List:
I will be picking this up from Vic. Already have the Keep Cues. Good one also. :arrow: :)
I've got the Keep Cues too. I assume it was ripped from a lazerdisc version of the film. It's good but I'd prefer something with the music remastered.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Fritter Jr.

Re: The KEEP

Post by Fritter Jr. »

Chris Monk wrote:
billythefish wrote:
tdream4ever wrote:Whats the story on the CD soundtrack "The KEEP" TDI that was being sold at the London show? Is this a special edition release?
The version for sale this last weekend is the second release from TDI. The first, from 1997, is much rarer, but the second was originally released as part of the 'Millennium Booster' box in late 1999. The difference between them is only the artwork IIRC.

The TDI music was remastered and remixed from what is heard on the film soundtrack, and there is quite a lot of material missing. I love the album though and it has some of my all-time faves on it.
The track Heritage Survival is an awesome slice of FFS period TD and as far as I'm aware isn't available elsewhere.
Its resemblance to Logos Pt 1 (the third piece) is interesting, and even better after its re-working for the live version.
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

In case anyone's interested ...

Not so favourable as at concerts but a still acceptable price:

The german mail order Spheric Music offers The Keep (TDI) for 30 Euro. It's not in their online shop, it must be ordered by e-mail: lambert@sphericmusic.de .

(info from Spheric Music's July 2nd newsletter)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Cyclone wrote:In case anyone's interested ...

Not so favourable as at concerts but a still acceptable price:

The german mail order Spheric Music offers The Keep (TDI) for 30 Euro. It's not in their online shop, it must be ordered by e-mail: lambert@sphericmusic.de .

(info from Spheric Music's July 2nd newsletter)

thanks
Schmoelling in wonderland

Post by Schmoelling in wonderland »

mikewp

Post by mikewp »

I would hope.... now that Paramount allows their older movie scores to finally be licensed out for CD's, that some label will be able to release the actual score from The Keep. Of course there may be interference from EF possibly, as it does seem he doesn't want the actual score released.

Shame.

But we can always hope...

And in this case, I do hate to say it but, this needs a release no matter what EF's feelings are. The music in the film is too dark and brilliant to not be available in an actual official soundtrack. Years ago, like many of us I plunked down a healthy amount of money for the TDI version and had never felt so ripped off. Maybe the single worst move in the recorded history of TD music. This is perhaps THE holy grail of TD music...so it's past time to treat us with this wonderful music...
xsaram3

Movie available on DVD?

Post by xsaram3 »

Copied this from website www.classictimevideo.com

i emailed them to ask if actualy in stock, they replied that it was!
haven't ordered yet, but was supprised to find it available. Love Film.com list it as not yet released.

The Keep (1983)
Click to enlarge

The Keep (1983)
[1306]
Item #: 618
Price: 8.89GBP
ITEM DESCRIPTION

This superb gothic thriller will grip you with its combination of horror, romance and the supernatural. It is World War II in German¨Coccupied Romania. Nazi soldiers have been sent to garrison a mysterious fortress, but a nightmarish discovery is soon made. The Keep was not built to keep anything out. The massive structure was, in fact, built to keep something in. Scott Glenn portrays the stranger who alone must battle the supernatural force whose evil power is dwelling within. Ian McKellen is the medieval historian, Cuza, dragged to The Keep to unravel the mystery behind its gruesome killings. Alberta Watson stars as Cuza's devoted daughter, Eva, who falls in love with the handsome, heroic stranger.

Starring Scott Glennn, Alberta Watson, Jurgen Prochnow and Ian McKellen

Written and Directed by Michael Mann based on the novel by F. Paul Wilson.
" Eat Sh1t, a million flies can't be wrong"
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

is this at last an official release of the film?

Details look scarce on the link. :?