The KEEP

xsaram3
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by xsaram3 »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:is this at last an official release of the film?

Details look scarce on the link. :?
tempted to gamble the £9 and see!
" Eat Sh1t, a million flies can't be wrong"
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

xsaram3 wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:is this at last an official release of the film?

Details look scarce on the link. :?
tempted to gamble the £9 and see!
If anyone orders this can they please let the forum know how they got on. I'm interested to see if it's for real. Not seen it anywhere else.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
mikewp

Post by mikewp »

The skimpy cover art, if it is the actual art, points to a bootleg. No Paramount logo. Doesn't seem at this point to be legit. But Paramount has licensed out films before to other DVD companies...we'll see !
24db

Post by 24db »

24db wrote:whatever the truth, at least the music ain't bad, although 'personally' I think TD have done better on other soundtracks
actually, and I still think it, the Keep is pretty overated...there's a couple of nice tracks but apart from that not much that stays in the memory
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Re: Movie available on DVD?

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

xsaram3 wrote:Copied this from website www.classictimevideo.com

i emailed them to ask if actualy in stock, they replied that it was!
haven't ordered yet, but was supprised to find it available. Love Film.com list it as not yet released.

The Keep (1983)
Click to enlarge

The Keep (1983)
[1306]
Item #: 618
Price: 8.89GBP
ITEM DESCRIPTION

This superb gothic thriller will grip you with its combination of horror, romance and the supernatural. It is World War II in German¨Coccupied Romania. Nazi soldiers have been sent to garrison a mysterious fortress, but a nightmarish discovery is soon made. The Keep was not built to keep anything out. The massive structure was, in fact, built to keep something in. Scott Glenn portrays the stranger who alone must battle the supernatural force whose evil power is dwelling within. Ian McKellen is the medieval historian, Cuza, dragged to The Keep to unravel the mystery behind its gruesome killings. Alberta Watson stars as Cuza's devoted daughter, Eva, who falls in love with the handsome, heroic stranger.

Starring Scott Glennn, Alberta Watson, Jurgen Prochnow and Ian McKellen

Written and Directed by Michael Mann based on the novel by F. Paul Wilson.
unless i'm wrong, this seems to have disappeared now from their list......did anyone buy it ?
Tropylium

Post by Tropylium »

24db wrote:
24db wrote:whatever the truth, at least the music ain't bad, although 'personally' I think TD have done better on other soundtracks
actually, and I still think it, the Keep is pretty overated...there's a couple of nice tracks but apart from that not much that stays in the memory
Consistent ambience is one of its bigger selling points, I think, but yeah, a lot of it doesn't reward paying attention.

On another note, after now checking out the E&B piece, it seems blatantly obvious that the opening is based on Mea Culpa. I'm siding with "cover from TD" however… it wouldn't be the only such case (cf. Risky Business, Shy People).

Also whose idea was it to call this "Stormbringer" on the TT version and leave "Dinu Pass" for an ambient bit??
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

Spotted this on Amazon.co.uk - a mere £649.99 :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listi ... dition=new

CRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!
redziller

Post by redziller »

TangFanIRL wrote:Spotted this on Amazon.co.uk - a mere £649.99 :

:shock: wow.
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

haha there are some real kick takers out there, for that price I would want Johannes,Chris and Edgar to deliver it personally and then stay for tea.
Jon

Post by Jon »

cantosis wrote:haha there are some real kick takers out there, for that price I would want Johannes,Chris and Edgar to deliver it personally and then stay for tea.
:lol:
Erik

Post by Erik »

that's mindblowing. i'm gonna have to sustain a two minute long spit-take if that sells
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
rigel

Post by rigel »

cantosis wrote:haha there are some real kick takers out there, for that price I would want Johannes,Chris and Edgar to deliver it personally and then stay for tea.
... and sit and watch the film with me in my living room, providing a soundtrack composer's commentary throughout, full of anecdotes about the making of the music. :)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

rigel wrote:
... and sit and watch the film with me in my living room, providing a soundtrack composer's commentary throughout, full of anecdotes about the making of the music. :)
And even with all that I think the price is still a bit steep :wink:
rigel

Post by rigel »

cantosis wrote:
rigel wrote:
And even with all that I think the price is still a bit steep :wink:
Well, yes. So steep, for The Keep, it makes you weep. :lol:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

TangFanIRL wrote:Spotted this on Amazon.co.uk - a mere £649.99 :

...and they still insist on £1.26 delivery charge. :roll:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda