London 2008 DVD

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:if it was recorded or not you can't delete my memories of both gigs :)

unless your a sufferer of Alzheimer's :D
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:if it was recorded or not you can't delete my memories of both gigs :)

unless your a sufferer of Alzheimer's :D
I agree Martin
ant

Post by ant »

:D It may well be that the London and LA gigs will appear as a double DVD and rather than have both concerts exactly the same they may drop some from the London gig but show them on the LA gig and vice versa. Who knows?? Maybe they just did not have enough tape but if that was the case and I was Edgar they would be out of a job. :D
Biggus Dickus
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:very impressive, I liked the interplay between him and Bernie during CC especially, phrases going back and forth between them. In fact I told him after the show how much I'd been impressed (I got to talk to him for quite a while, as well as Iris, Bernie plus a few words with Edgar and Bianca). I also chatted to Thorsten at the club in the early hours, but it was so loud I could barely hear him
Good for you Andy. Yep, have to say that TQ really upped his game for this show and hats off to Edgar for allowing him to do it.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

harmonicaman wrote:I expect theres going to be wailing and gnashing of teeth when the dvd is released, as the third encore - Tomorrow Never Knows and Cloudburst Flight didn't appear to be filmed.

the cameram guys side stage were not filming it, there was a guy wandering at the back with a camera - looked like he was doing some pickup shots, and where I was, directly behind the mixing desk the camera was switched off with no tape in it.

In fact, part way through C Flight, a new tape was put in, and as I expected the camera was switched on at the end of C Flight to film the Closing Words
I hope that's not true. It will be a classic TD moment that'll be lost. Very sad indeed.
timer

Post by timer »

Chris Monk wrote:
harmonicaman wrote:I expect theres going to be wailing and gnashing of teeth when the dvd is released, as the third encore - Tomorrow Never Knows and Cloudburst Flight didn't appear to be filmed.

the cameram guys side stage were not filming it, there was a guy wandering at the back with a camera - looked like he was doing some pickup shots, and where I was, directly behind the mixing desk the camera was switched off with no tape in it.

In fact, part way through C Flight, a new tape was put in, and as I expected the camera was switched on at the end of C Flight to film the Closing Words
I hope that's not true. It will be a classic TD moment that'll be lost. Very sad indeed.

Im sure Edgar the great will have something up his sleeve !
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

If it's not on the DVD it must be released on a CD of the concert ........................Please
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
A Hyperborean

DVDs: London+LA=Sooper-Dooper.

Post by A Hyperborean »

ant wrote::D It may well be that the London and LA gigs will appear as a double DVD and rather than have both concerts exactly the same they may drop some from the London gig but show them on the LA gig and vice versa. Who knows?? Maybe they just did not have enough tape but if that was the case and I was Edgar they would be out of a job. :D
I was wondering that too :idea: : Perhaps they will intertwine the best parts of the London and LA concerts together in one DVD. That would make the thing different :!:
Tangerine Dream cleans my brain.
redziller

Post by redziller »

Sounds like a cool idea to me - two gigs + the video footage, maybe some peices to camera during the travelling
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
hansx

Re: DVDs: London+LA=Sooper-Dooper.

Post by hansx »

A Hyperborean wrote:
ant wrote::D It may well be that the London and LA gigs will appear as a double DVD and rather than have both concerts exactly the same they may drop some from the London gig but show them on the LA gig and vice versa. Who knows?? Maybe they just did not have enough tape but if that was the case and I was Edgar they would be out of a job. :D
I was wondering that too :idea: : Perhaps they will intertwine the best parts of the London and LA concerts together in one DVD. That would make the thing different :!:
Nah, I want 2 dvd's. :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

A London DVD is a must,it was a fantastic night with a great atmosphere 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:A London DVD is a must,it was a fantastic night with a great atmosphere 8)
Perhaps a sachet of genuine Forum atmosphere can be included with the DVD.

....OK so not such a good idea. :wink:
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

How about a nice digipak Double live album? Highlights of all 3 shows would be good as long as they were flowing nicely. Lots of nice pics thrown in . . . Nice!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:A London DVD is a must,it was a fantastic night with a great atmosphere 8)
Perhaps a sachet of genuine Forum atmosphere can be included with the DVD.

....OK so not such a good idea. :wink:
Logged on to the forum late last night to see a sign saying "You have been banned from the forum. Contact the administrator." Blimey I thought that's a bit stiff for the above comment...

.....but OK, it's a fair cop.

....guess now that it was just a temporary glitch but I must have had a guilty conscience. :wink:
jacob

Post by jacob »

Chris Monk wrote:Logged on to the forum late last night to see a sign saying "You have been banned from the forum. Contact the administrator." Blimey I thought that's a bit stiff for the above comment...

.....but OK, it's a fair cop.

....guess now that it was just a temporary glitch but I must have had a guilty conscience. :wink:
I believe Cantosis was a victim to the same error. I'm not sure he has gotten access yet. Not that funny actually, because people begins to speculate - and let's face it, people have been banned/de-activated in the past. :arrow:
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/