London 2008 DVD

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:The runs and solos Thorsten was playing on sunday night were the equal of, if not better than anything Paul ever did with the group...IMHO
I'm glad you've said that Andy because not much has been said about TQ's playing and to my mind this was his best display at a TD show. We've not heard him solo much and this demonstrated that he's more than capable. I loved the solo he did on Carmel Calif and at the end of Cloudburst Flight.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:The runs and solos Thorsten was playing on sunday night were the equal of, if not better than anything Paul ever did with the group...IMHO
I'm glad you've said that Andy because not much has been said about TQ's playing and to my mind this was his best display at a TD show. We've not heard him solo much and this demonstrated that he's more than capable. I loved the solo he did on Carmel Calif and at the end of Cloudburst Flight.
very impressive, I liked the interplay between him and Bernie during CC especially, phrases going back and forth between them. In fact I told him after the show how much I'd been impressed (I got to talk to him for quite a while, as well as Iris, Bernie plus a few words with Edgar and Bianca). I also chatted to Thorsten at the club in the early hours, but it was so loud I could barely hear him
harmonicaman

Post by harmonicaman »

I expect theres going to be wailing and gnashing of teeth when the dvd is released, as the third encore - Tomorrow Never Knows and Cloudburst Flight didn't appear to be filmed.

the cameram guys side stage were not filming it, there was a guy wandering at the back with a camera - looked like he was doing some pickup shots, and where I was, directly behind the mixing desk the camera was switched off with no tape in it.

In fact, part way through C Flight, a new tape was put in, and as I expected the camera was switched on at the end of C Flight to film the Closing Words
HarryPotter No7

Re: London 2008 DVD

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

24db wrote:
prophetfive wrote:
24db wrote: Trauma would sound fresh...it's not on VFART ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :arrow:
sorry HP7...great track though
ooooops!! :roll: which album is it from? :)
and what a shame the last 2 encores weren't filmed.....
timer

Post by timer »

HarryPotter No7 wrote:
24db wrote:
prophetfive wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :arrow:
sorry HP7...great track though
Trauma's on Autumn in Hiroshima HP7.

Unbelievable that CBF was not filmed ! :(
redziller

Post by redziller »

timer wrote:
HarryPotter No7 wrote:
24db wrote: sorry HP7...great track though
Trauma's on Autumn in Hiroshima HP7.

Unbelievable that CBF was not filmed ! :(
Let's hope some footage is taken tonight and, like the EP says, perhaps we'll end up with an Anglo-American DVD

From purely a marketing point of view CBF on there would increase sales IMHO

Otherwise in a century from now TD music historians will debate - "CBF, was it actually played live in 2008?" (That'll be after the Youtube server gets blown of course)
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
timer

Post by timer »

quote]

Let's hope some footage is taken tonight and, like the EP says, perhaps we'll end up with an Anglo-American DVD

Otherwise in a century from now TD music historians will debate - "CBF, was it actually played live in 2008?" (That'll be after the Youtube server gets blown of course)[/quote]

was thinking the same thing re Anglo- American DVD footage !

Lets hope some one attending the the LA show puts the set list up , and whether its being filmed ! 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:quote]

Otherwise in a century from now TD music historians will debate - "CBF, was it actually played live in 2008?" (That'll be after the Youtube server gets blown of course)

Lets hope some one attending the the LA show puts the set list up , and whether its being filmed ! 8)[/quote]

I think we can almost guess what they'll be playing as a fair bit was played already in London and in Edinburgh
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:

Lets hope some one attending the the LA show puts the set list up , and whether its being filmed ! 8)
I think we can almost guess what they'll be playing as a fair bit was played already in London and in Edinburgh[/quote]

thought the US gig was to be mainly soundtracks ? :?
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:

I think we can almost guess what they'll be playing as a fair bit was played already in London and in Edinburgh
thought the US gig was to be mainly soundtracks ? :?[/quote]

yes...but think about what they played in London & oop north mate, legend, Risky Business, going west le Parc, and then there's Scrap Yard on the EP
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I hope its a different show and we get an official release 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I would like the whole of the London show on one DVD. I am not too bothered about the USA show unless it is vastly different.
GAZZ

Post by GAZZ »

will be gutted if cloudburst flight has not been filmed. what were the cameramen thinkin of turning off the gear. so it appears edinburgh was not filmed so we will hopefully get a d.v.d of london and l.a which i hope includes cloudburst flight --- we may even get some live cds. i reckon it will be after xmas though , lorely i would think will be next :roll: :roll: TD yorkshire division
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

If CBF wasn't filmed, I hope it was at least recorded. A live double-CD of the 3 concerts, including each track being played in the UK and the US would be something I'd certainly buy. For me, DVDs aren't that essential, but the music is.
24db

Post by 24db »

if it was recorded or not you can't delete my memories of both gigs :)