Cloudburst Flight 2009?

tdream4ever
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Cloudburst Flight 2009?

Post by tdream4ever »

How about a re-mix of Cloudburst Flight 2009 next year? It'll be its 30th Anniversary. It was very well recieved at the 2 UK shows and UCLA show.
Any yea's or nay's? Any opinion?

I for one would like to see a 2009 special re-mix on Force Majure for 2009.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
bergen-dreamer

Re: Cloudburst Flight 2009?

Post by bergen-dreamer »

tdream4ever wrote:How about a re-mix of Cloudburst Flight 2009 next year? It'll be its 30th Anniversary. It was very well recieved at the 2 UK shows and UCLA show.
Any yea's or nay's? Any opinion?

I for one would like to see a 2009 special re-mix on Force Majure for 2009.
For me FM is a PERFECT album in it's own right, so I have no particular need for a re-recording :arrow:

but this is of course 100% up to Edgar, if he decides to do it I will of course listen to it with an open mind---

Wouldn't mind hearing more from FM live on the next TD concert though :) 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

Yes please, although a White Eagle remix will come first I think
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:Yes please, although a White Eagle remix will come first I think

White Eagle is in more of a need of it as well INMHO
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

If we rank the 70s/80s albums regarding their noise floors, Firestarter 2009 should be first! If that's possible for a soundtrack (I hope it is).
But Force Majeure / Cloudburst Flight 2009 re-mixed / re-recorded - I'm all for it! Just yesterday I listened to Tangram 2008 and enjoyed it very much. Would be great if they also considered SACD / Multichannel releases.
timer

Post by timer »

White Eagle with the LORT / Scrapyard 2008 reworking - bring it on !.

As for Cloudburst Flight - a direct recording of what weve hear at the latest concerts is a must .- Please Chief ! 8)
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

timer wrote:White Eagle with the LORT / Scrapyard 2008 reworking - bring it on !.
Like the idea! I think LORT would be a great opener before Mojave Plan starts. :-)
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

timer wrote:White Eagle with the LORT / Scrapyard 2008 reworking - bring it on !.

As for Cloudburst Flight - a direct recording of what weve hear at the latest concerts is a must .- Please Chief ! 8)
On the next Mini Cupdisc Please
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

alipaul wrote:

Brilliant idea :D

and why not a 12" vinyl version :?: :idea: :D
24db

Post by 24db »

bergen-dreamer wrote:
alipaul wrote:

Brilliant idea :D

and why not a 12" vinyl version :?: :idea: :D
vinyl? so 18th century...I want a minidisc version ;)
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

24db wrote:vinyl? so 18th century...I want a minidisc version ;)
:lol:
but to be serious, in 5 years time I think there will be more new releases on vinyl then on CD 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

bergen-dreamer wrote:
24db wrote:vinyl? so 18th century...I want a minidisc version ;)
:lol:
but to be serious, in 5 years time I think there will be more new releases on vinyl then on CD 8)
well it's certainly a format that won't die...personally I can't see it coming back big...95% of kids don't buy it and it's them and not the audiophile junkies that drive the market.

However it would be nice to see Edgar release one or two of TD's albums on vinyl, just to see if it adds anything. Mind you I'd have to link up my old thorens turntable (it's never been connected since I bought it...I wonder if it still works?)
Six By Nine

Post by Six By Nine »

Why not just leave it with what we'll get, which is a live updated version of both Cloudburst Flight and LORT on the Forum DVD with probably a download only audio version?

I'd much rather have new music than constant re-hashes of past classics - the remixed selections from Tangram were great live, but that's enough for me!
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

bergen-dreamer wrote:
For me FM is a PERFECT album in it's own right, so I have no particular need for a re-recording

but this is of course 100% up to Edgar, if he decides to do it I will of course listen to it with an open mind---

Wouldn't mind hearing more from FM live on the next TD concert though

I agree Force Majure is a strong "Album" (cd). For those curious to see what it would sound like re-worked, it would be interesting. For Phaedra, Tangram(my favorite), Hyperborea and others that got the re-work, I did not jump at buying them right away. But after listening to Phaedra 2005, I was sold on it. I still like the orginals better. But the re-worked has an interesting appeal to it. And for those who dont care for it thats fine too.

If anything, leave FM alone and a mini cup disc of Cloudbusrt Flight would be nice.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

This included on a mini gupdisc would be a great idea :idea: 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.