white eagle 2009

timer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by timer »

With the Froesian Magic touch White Eagle will be Revitilised , not Replaced . 8) 8) 8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:With the Froesian Magic touch White Eagle will be Revitilised , not Replaced . 8) 8) 8)
I agree 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

Having listened to the original White Eagle at least 3 times in the past 24hrs Im looking forward to hearing a reworking.

It's an absolute TD classic - fantastic 8)
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

timer wrote:Having listened to the original White Eagle at least 3 times in the past 24hrs Im looking forward to hearing a reworking.

Got to agree Tim my all time fav studio release.
timer

Post by timer »

Hyperboreauk wrote:
timer wrote:Having listened to the original White Eagle at least 3 times in the past 24hrs Im looking forward to hearing a reworking.

It's a high point in TD output for me as well Gary - I love the percusion sounds and guitar on this CD - fabulous 8) 8) 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
Hyperboreauk wrote:

It's a high point in TD output for me as well Gary - I love the percusion sounds and guitar on this CD - fabulous 8) 8) 8)
:)
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

So far none of the re-recordings had the same "atmospherics" as the original recordings in my opinion, but nevertheless I mostly enjoy them. Hyperborea (the track) could have a bit more of the original arctic ambience though (not frosty enough for my taste ;-)), but for that we got a gold star 'Sphinx Lightning'.

So White Eagle 2009 ... great :). Means there will be another version of "Convention of the 24", which is one of my all-time TD favourites.
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

But...But... Mojave Plan is perfection in its original form. Why tinker with it?

Oh Gawd, I can't understand all these re-visits. My loss I suppose...
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

I have reservations about revisiting White Eagle although I enjoyed Tangram 08 a lot I am not that keen on Hyperborea 08.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Hyperboreauk wrote:I have reservations about revisiting White Eagle although I enjoyed Tangram 08 a lot I am not that keen on Hyperborea 08.
The original is indeed a classic but I have always thought this is one album which would sound better for being updated so it will be interesting to hear it if indeed the rumours are true.
redziller

Post by redziller »

cantosis wrote:
Hyperboreauk wrote:I have reservations about revisiting White Eagle although I enjoyed Tangram 08 a lot I am not that keen on Hyperborea 08.
The original is indeed a classic but I have always thought this is one album which would sound better for being updated so it will be interesting to hear it if indeed the rumours are true.
I share Gary's reservations - similar feelings about hyperborea 08 - but on a recent listen tro WE it did sound, not dated exactly, but as if there were not so much going on that there wasn't plenty of scope for a revisit. And as the drum sequencing is so core to Mojave Plan & Midnight in Tula whacking a club beat underneath is prolly off the cards there. So could be interesting.
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

To be fair there isn`t anything concrete that this is going to get released, it just started from a rumour that seems to have snowballed. Maybe all the interest will pursuade Edgar to do it though if he isn`t involved already.