white eagle 2009

Tropylium
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Tropylium »

exit81 wrote:Regarding re-recording old albums, I'd be much happier if they actually were re-recorded from scratch (like the recent Love On A Real Train seems to be) and not just overdubbed with extra parts, which seems kind of pointless to me.
I agree with this position, and regarding White Eagle, we do have a slew of remixes alreddy. (I like Jerome's original single mixes perhaps better than the original.)

Then there's a question at which point we cross from a remix to a re-recording with some samples. Those with the Dream Roots set will kno that pieces like Origin of Supernatural Probabilities or Fauni Gena are hardly even recognizable as the same piece.
Tropylium

Post by Tropylium »

bigmoog wrote:at least we wont get a Romance76 reworked :P
Depends... are you counting cover versions? :wink:
jacob

Post by jacob »

Tropylium wrote:
bigmoog wrote:at least we wont get a Romance76 reworked :P
Depends... are you counting cover versions? :wink:
Bicentennial Present is covered by EO on the album "Henkei - Transformation" from 2002. And a good one, too. 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vOaw66W0us
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
RemoteViewing81

Post by RemoteViewing81 »

bigmoog wrote:as long as EXIT is left alone :wink:
You got that right mooger... :)
"The aim of the music [of Tangerine Dream] is to paint surreal pictures with musical instruments."

http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/voiceshm.htm
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

RemoteViewing81 wrote:
bigmoog wrote:as long as EXIT is left alone :wink:
You got that right mooger... :)
Of all earlier releases I would say Exit would be the most obvious choice to re do. I also think it should be left alone though.
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

I was listening to "Mojave Plan" today, and wondering : how could it be better ? Of course, a remastering would do a fresh and better sound, but how could be that stunning composition be improved in some way ? I really don't see... but maybe Edgar could find a way, after all ! :?:
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I think like Hyperborea that this would benefit from a lift as i have found WE tired sounding of late
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
r4man

Post by r4man »

My own preference would be a DVD release of their performance in 1981 with an orchestra.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

r4man wrote:My own preference would be a DVD release of their performance in 1981 with an orchestra.
There's a clip of that on YouTube somewhere. It's interesting from a TD fans perspective, you can see how the music is put together by the band, but the overall effect is one of an orchestra struggling to keep up with the electronic instruments.
r4man

Post by r4man »

Chris Monk wrote:
r4man wrote:My own preference would be a DVD release of their performance in 1981 with an orchestra.
There's a clip of that on YouTube somewhere. It's interesting from a TD fans perspective, you can see how the music is put together by the band, but the overall effect is one of an orchestra struggling to keep up with the electronic instruments.
The "YouTube" version of Mojave Plan I saw was pretty fuzzy. There is also a very nice clip of White Eagle on "YouTube" which shows a very weird "fashon" show. The Mojave Plan clip on the TDOC is much better than the one on "YouTube"...yet another reason to join :D Too bad its so small. I suppose theres all sorts of legal mumbo-jumbo as to why this could not be released in high quality DVD form. It would be nice if it could be though. Edgar, Chris, and Johannes were so young.....
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

r4man wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
The "YouTube" version of Mojave Plan I saw was pretty fuzzy. There is also a very nice clip of White Eagle on "YouTube" which shows a very weird "fashon" show. The Mojave Plan clip on the TDOC is much better than the one on "YouTube"...yet another reason to join :D Too bad its so small. I suppose theres all sorts of legal mumbo-jumbo as to why this could not be released in high quality DVD form. It would be nice if it could be though. Edgar, Chris, and Johannes were so young.....
So were we :shock:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
redziller

Post by redziller »

I remember being disgusted with this release upon my first few listens. Too poppy I thought. 'course it didn't take long for the magic to work.

Convention of the 24 would be a tough one to alter I think as the tones are so characteristic of the piece but who can say. Midnight in Tula could really work with new club style drummage but I think the drum sounds on Mojave Plan are perfect as is
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
hansx

Post by hansx »

I am now playing the version we all now at the moment. Still like that thing. Guess one of the best with that stumping rhythms. TD as we all like to hear.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

redziller wrote:I remember being disgusted with this release upon my first few listens. Too poppy I thought. 'course it didn't take long for the magic to work.

Convention of the 24 would be a tough one to alter I think as the tones are so characteristic of the piece but who can say. Midnight in Tula could really work with new club style drummage but I think the drum sounds on Mojave Plan are perfect as is
One of the big features of the whole album are those very early samples... the 'Tuh, Tuh, Tuh's... etc.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
whiteeagle

Post by whiteeagle »

To love or hate these re-editions of TD albums it's a matter of personal taste in my humble opinion.
I think about these re-editions as a way of an tribute somehow.
If the music was bad in the first place why try remake it then? :wink:
I'm happy that WE will have this treatment, although, I have the original deep in my heart as you can guess..... :D
Keep on (Tangerine) Dreaming