white eagle 2009

GAZZ
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

white eagle 2009

Post by GAZZ »

so here we go starting another thread. at the london meet and greet as edgar was almost going down the stairs and back to his dressing room i asked him if TD would re-mix white eagle. he came up to me and said that they were working on it at the moment and he then put his finger to his lips and went shhhhhhh which i thought was quite amusing. so there you have it looks like we might get another classic remix for 2009 :roll: :roll: TD yorkshire division
cantosis

Re: white eagle 2009

Post by cantosis »

GAZZ wrote:so here we go starting another thread. at the london meet and greet as edgar was almost going down the stairs and back to his dressing room i asked him if TD would re-mix white eagle. he came up to me and said that they were working on it at the moment and he then put his finger to his lips and went shhhhhhh which i thought was quite amusing. so there you have it looks like we might get another classic remix for 2009 :roll: :roll: TD yorkshire division
I take it from the rolling eyes your not too happy about that?. I think it would be one of the few albums that really could improve for it.
bergen-dreamer

Re: white eagle 2009

Post by bergen-dreamer »

cantosis wrote:I think it would be one of the few albums that really could improve for it.
Agreed, Matt 8)
GAZZ

Post by GAZZ »

i always use the rolling eyes, look at all my posts i just like them. i really want them to remix white eagle ,the original is great but i think with todays technology and if done right it could be an awesome album - especially"MOJAVE PLAN" no i cannot wait for this remix :roll: :roll: TD yorkshire division
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

GAZZ wrote:i always use the rolling eyes, look at all my posts i just like them. i really want them to remix white eagle ,the original is great but i think with todays technology and if done right it could be an awesome album - especially"MOJAVE PLAN" no i cannot wait for this remix :roll: :roll: TD yorkshire division
ok fair enough :roll:
GAZZ

Post by GAZZ »

it looks like i've started a trend then matt :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: TD yorkshire division
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I would not say no to this project,im open minded toward this 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

At the phenomenal speed Edgar works at, what makes you think a reworking of White Eagle won't be out until 2009? There's still six weeks till Christmas.
24db

Post by 24db »

My view is, if it's good it's good and if it's bad it's bad.

'personally' I loved the remixes on the Tangent set 'as much' as the original. So far I've found the whole remixing thing a bit hit and miss, Tangram 2008 I thought was fantastic, whilst a large part of Hyperborea 2008 I think is...well, let's put this way....I won't be playing it again (bar the Sphinx Lightning section...which I prefer to the original). I know a few fans (and they are fans, not just people who whinge about TD going back and touching a single note of their old recordings) don't like them and perhaps feel that Edgar should use his energy doing new stuff. I can understand that totally. However and as well all know, TD like to come up with a few fresh things for their concerts (didn't see anybody complaing about the re-working of CBF at either gig I went to...mind you quite a few fans were crying so it's hard to complain, cry and look manly all at the same time ;)), so if Edgar wants to release it a disc before the actual concert what's the harm? He's hardly going out and stealing all the copies of the originals we own is he?

I know a few people get the hump with the whole , 'if you don't like don't buy it' argument, but let's be adult about it, I think 99% of know if it's going to be our cup of tea before hand, but (and to be fair I'm going to contradict myself here...nothing new there then ;))...there are a few times where we are surprised (good and bad) when our experiences don't live up to our pre-conceived ideas about a disc (Hyperborea being a case it point with me).

White Eagle 2009...bring it on. If you're unsure about it then wait until a few people have it and get some feedback from them.
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

As long as they don't bongo-fy the Pink Years, I think any re-recordings are interesting alternatives to the original releases. So WE 2009 - why not.... 8)
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

I still reckon that Edgar is doing the remix albums because he doesn't hold the rights to the Virgin Years. I'd like to hear a White Eagle 2009 as well as a Thief 2009.

Most of us have got about 5 versions of the White Eagle track already :wink: :lol:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I could stand to hear a new version of White Eagle. I've enjoyed most of the new versions so another one isn't going to hurt. In fact I think that Edgar is getting better at them and taking more liberties with the material, which makes them much more interesting to me.
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Chris Monk wrote:I could stand to hear a new version of White Eagle. I've enjoyed most of the new versions so another one isn't going to hurt. In fact I think that Edgar is getting better at them and taking more liberties with the material, which makes them much more interesting to me.
I agree Chris. Madchen auf der Steppe [sic] is one of my favourite tracks and reminds me of a Winter holiday in Austria; a beautiful emotional memory for me.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

as long as EXIT is left alone :wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

I will listen with interest with any re-working. I agree with Andy about Tangents that there were some very promising re-visits. I particularly like the completely re-recorded tracks on there (as opposed to the over-dubbed re-workings that are also there) and in nearly every case actually prefer them to the originals.

Phaedra 2005 was completely re-recorded to my ears too, but I prefer the original.

Tangram 2008 appears overdubbed to me (although I am happy to be corrected here), and I prefer the original whereas I think Hyperborea 2008 is streets ahead of the original.

Therefore, I cannot prejudge any re-visits and look forward to any with great interest.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!