Collaboration

alipaul
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Collaboration

Post by alipaul »

This mail is not meant to be a dig or criticism in anyway so lets get that straight from the start.

Edgar is a genius and in a rich vein of music composition form.
I am over the moon with recent release the best in many years
I was wondering if anyone like me would be interested in more EF/TQ track collaborations as from the live work & his own albums he is a very talented composer & musician.

I just think they could bounce ideas off each other and be very effective
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
exit81

Post by exit81 »

I'm still not sure what Thorsten's role is within TD....he plays live, has contributed some solo tracks, and has collaborated on some releases....but he doesn't seem like a fully-fledged member. Maybe TD is now an Edgar solo project, like some have suggested, with occasional input from those around him. But like you said, who's complaining with the standard of music released over the last few years.
24db

Post by 24db »

provided the music is good I'm not bothered who does what and with who, well, provided Edgar is involved at some stage anyway
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

exit81 wrote:I'm still not sure what Thorsten's role is within TD....he plays live, has contributed some solo tracks, and has collaborated on some releases....but he doesn't seem like a fully-fledged member. Maybe TD is now an Edgar solo project, like some have suggested, with occasional input from those around him. But like you said, who's complaining with the standard of music released over the last few years.
I was told this is very much a band thing and not a solo project :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

epsilon75 wrote:
exit81 wrote:I'm still not sure what Thorsten's role is within TD....he plays live, has contributed some solo tracks, and has collaborated on some releases....but he doesn't seem like a fully-fledged member. Maybe TD is now an Edgar solo project, like some have suggested, with occasional input from those around him. But like you said, who's complaining with the standard of music released over the last few years.
I was told this is very much a band thing and not a solo project :wink:
It might be but there doesn't appear to be much of a band element involved :shock:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

The way I see and understand things is that the current line-up of TD is a band in every way but legally. I think for reasons we all know already, certain rights to certain songs are carefully defined which gives the impression that they are individually composed.

I must say, Thorsten is a mightily impressive musician though and has complimented Edgar's style massively. I never thought LOART could get better until I heard Thorsten and Iris's re-interpretation at the Forum.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

billythefish wrote:The way I see and understand things is that the current line-up of TD is a band in every way but legally. I think for reasons we all know already, certain rights to certain songs are carefully defined which gives the impression that they are individually composed.

I must say, Thorsten is a mightily impressive musician though and has complimented Edgar's style massively. I never thought LOART could get better until I heard Thorsten and Iris's re-interpretation at the Forum.
Very true BTF. I doubt that Edgar could have come up with the guitar melody on Leviathan, it's all finger-tapping which I've never seen Edgar do.
timer

Post by timer »

Chris Monk wrote:
billythefish wrote:The way I see and understand things is that the current line-up of TD is a band in every way but legally. I think for reasons we all know already, certain rights to certain songs are carefully defined which gives the impression that they are individually composed.

Very true BTF. I doubt that Edgar could have come up with the guitar melody on Leviathan, it's all finger-tapping which I've never seen Edgar do.

Didn't you know Chris ,Edgar used to be called Edgar Vai ! :roll:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

timer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:

....and before that he's was known as Edgar J Malmsteen no doubt. :wink:
timer

Post by timer »

Chris Monk wrote:
timer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Very true BTF. I doubt that Edgar could have come up with the guitar melody on Leviathan, it's all finger-tapping which I've never seen Edgar do.

....and before that he's was known as Edgar J Malmsteen no doubt. :wink:
Eddie Hotfingers Froese actually :wink: :wink: :lol: