Tangerine Tree on Ebay

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

blame the person who put it on eBay...we all have responsibility over own actions in life.
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

epsilon75 wrote:Believe it or not i know of three people who reported this to Ebay and they still failed to pull it with 4 days of the auction to go........Ebay make me vomit,i know of several people who had their singles from the Water Rats pulled and i also had Pink Floyd trance mixes pulled although they were factory pressed.....with fleabay its a rule for one and a rule for another,this auction item is displicable IMO :evil: :x nothing more than 3 plain CDRs :arrow:
I, too, contacted ebay days before it ended. Fools.
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

jacob wrote:I have contacted the winner, encouraing him not to pay the seller, and I've offered free cdr's.
Good man.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

24db wrote:blame the person who put it on eBay...we all have responsibility over own actions in life.
I agree anyone involved with the Trees principle knew what the concept was all about

I think this was a case of making a swift buck
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
24db

Post by 24db »

alipaul wrote:
24db wrote:blame the person who put it on eBay...we all have responsibility over own actions in life.
I agree anyone involved with the Trees principle knew what the concept was all about

I think this was a case of making a swift buck
Well, making a swift buck is the ethos of eBay...I should know ;)...but I can't imagine a real TD fan would want to make a buck off the bands back
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

24db wrote:... I can't imagine a real TD fan would want to make a buck off the bands back
I am not so sure. Do you remember when Voiceprint sent the free Madcap-Promos out last year? A widely known TD collector sold a copy immediately at eBay for 35 GBP at that time (a disgrace!)
24db

Post by 24db »

Cyclone wrote:
24db wrote:... I can't imagine a real TD fan would want to make a buck off the bands back
I am not so sure. Do you remember when Voiceprint sent the free Madcap-Promos out last year? A widely known TD collector sold a copy immediately at eBay for 35 GBP at that time (a disgrace!)
hardly a CDR
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Cyclone wrote:

I disagree, everyone has free will to buy and sell items. I have sold CDs in the past for the going rate(The Keep comes to mind, although I regret it now) and I have also paid stupid money for CDs that are now rare.

As long as people keep paying crazy prices people will always sell. I think the TT items are a different matter though.
jacob

Post by jacob »

The promo says 'not for sale', and it was available for free for all interested, so it's nearly as bad as selling TT's.
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

No one gets their arm twisted saying they must bid on any item TD or otherwise. I've never sold anything on e bay but have been stung by a seller selling bootlegs which turned out to be cdr's. I reported him to e bay and nothing was done. It is a disgrace however that the TT's are being sold.

regarding th MFD promo surely any TD collector should have known this item was available free.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

There are some collectors out there who are feverish with their habit - call it Obsessive Compulsive if you will, but there will be a market for virtually anything.

I am aware of some fans being incensed that they were unable to get to concerts and pick up the limited releases - so much so that they seem to have disappeared altogether now.

I agree above though - there's no excuse for distributing, or for that matter bidding on TT / TL items, and it's a real con if you're passing on bootlegs as CDRs.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

jacob wrote:The promo says 'not for sale', and it was available for free for all interested, so it's nearly as bad as selling TT's.

That is meant for retailers though. If a collecter wants to buy something like this just because he doesn`t have it in his collection I don`t see a problem.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

cantosis wrote:
jacob wrote:The promo says 'not for sale', and it was available for free for all interested, so it's nearly as bad as selling TT's.

That is meant for retailers though. If a collecter wants to buy something like this just because he doesn`t have it in his collection I don`t see a problem.
I bought Edgar's Beyond the Storm from Esprit Records in record collector and that has a sticker on it saying Promo, not for resale!
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

GlynRichards wrote:
cantosis wrote:
I bought Edgar's Beyond the Storm from Esprit Records in record collector and that has a sticker on it saying Promo, not for resale!
If a rare Promo becomes a collector's item and is then sold to collectors (expensively) is no problem.
My criticism was, that TD fans made deals at the expense of ignorant TD-fans: This pitiable man bought the Madcaps-Promo for 35 GBP only because he didn't read at tadream forum, that one can get the CD completely free of charge.
timer

Post by timer »

Cyclone wrote:
GlynRichards wrote:
cantosis wrote: That is meant for retailers though. If a collecter wants to buy something like this just because he doesn`t have it in his collection I don`t see a problem.
If a rare Promo becomes a collector's item and is then sold to collectors (expensively) is no problem.
My criticism was, that TD fans made deals at the expense of ignorant TD-fans: This pitiable man bought the Madcaps-Promo for 35 GBP only because he didn't read at tadream forum, that one can get the CD completely free of charge.
This is a problem with TD not being a mainstream band anymore, fans unless totally dedicated don't see all free offers like the MFD one ! and therefore lead themselves to be ripped off in this manner.

At the end of the day purchasing from sites like Ebay are completely down to the individual.

In respect of the trees I agree with your sentiments .