prophetfive

Re: Tangerine Tree on Ebay

Post by prophetfive »

GlynRichards wrote:... just spotted this :evil:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tangerine-Dream-A ... 240%3A1318
:twisted: :twisted: Lawyers at the ready :twisted: :wink: :arrow:
jacob

Post by jacob »

The bidders wants to get ripped-off, it seems. But then again, eBay should be informed. I have just contacted the seller, telling about the philosphy behind TT: "Made by Fans - For fans. Never sell or buy - Trade Freely"
It's downright tasteless, and respectless to the people behind TT - and TD off course.
Last edited by jacob on Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Believe it or not i know of three people who reported this to Ebay and they still failed to pull it with 4 days of the auction to go........Ebay make me vomit,i know of several people who had their singles from the Water Rats pulled and i also had Pink Floyd trance mixes pulled although they were factory pressed.....with fleabay its a rule for one and a rule for another,this auction item is displicable IMO :evil: :x nothing more than 3 plain CDRs :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

I hope Edgar and his lawyers go to town with this clown ! And Ebay for that matter. :evil:
jacob

Post by jacob »

I realise the auction ended 3 days ago (?), when I got my response from the seller.

Dear ------,
The philosophy about the cdr's you are about to sell is: "Made By Fans -
For Fans. Never sell or Buy. Trade Freely".
I recommend you respect that, and remove the item from Ebay immediately.
-tdfandenmark

Dear tdfandenmark,
OK , thank you
- -----

Hmmm.... too late it seems.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

Yeah, as long as ebay gets its cut! :twisted:
jacob

Post by jacob »

I have contacted the winner, encouraing him not to pay the seller, and I've offered free cdr's.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

GlynRichards wrote:Yeah, as long as ebay gets its cut! :twisted:
That just about sums it up :evil:
timer

Post by timer »

Thing about Ebay is how would they know - when somethings put up for auction if its legitimate or not ? with the millions of CDs that get put up each month .

don't get me wrong im not defending them in the slightest, if they've been informed by a few people they should have a responsibilty to remove it.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

timer wrote:Thing about Ebay is how would they know - when somethings put up for auction if its legitimate or not ? with the millions of CDs that get put up each month .

don't get me wrong im not defending them in the slightest, if they've been informed by a few people they should have a responsibilty to remove it.
Good point and I was thinking the same thing myself. I wouldn`t put too much blame on Ebay here.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:Thing about Ebay is how would they know - when somethings put up for auction if its legitimate or not ? with the millions of CDs that get put up each month .

I have to say that if within the time the auction is up at least 4 people have reported this as in CDR format ebay has no excuses whatsoever IMHO.
Whats the point of having a complaints system if it is not adhered to,they have turned a blind eye and not done their job,simple as that :arrow: ALL IMHO of course.
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:

I have to say that if within the time the auction is up at least 4 people have reported this as in CDR format ebay has no excuses whatsoever IMHO.
Whats the point of having a complaints system if it is not adhered to,they have turned a blind eye and not done their job,simple as that :arrow: ALL IMHO of course.

Just the same as the recent feedback system , why can you not leave negative feedback if you've been ripped off !
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

Just the same as the recent feedback system , why can you not leave negative feedback if you've been ripped off !

Sadly Tim ebay has become one BIG farce :cry:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

That negative feedback is a joke, if I sell someone an item and get messed about I can`t leave them negative feedback but they an leave me...I think I will stick to bumblebee auctions

That negative feedback is a joke, if I sell someone an item and get messed about I can`t leave them negative feedback but they an leave me...I think I will stick to bumblebee auctions