Cyclone 2009

Thomas Mc Nulty
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Cyclone 2009

Post by Thomas Mc Nulty »

I listened to cyclone for the first time again in 22 years and for the first time on CD. On hearing it again, it wasn't as bad as I remember it. I think it is the one album that would benefit greatly from a rerecordin g especially with Linda's saxophone and flute playing replacing Steve Joliffe' vocals, which strangely remind me of Jon Anderson who I think a little too pompous. I also think Thorsten's keyboards would make the albim sound a lot softer
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Cyclone is a fantastic album in my opinion, I always liked it. Sadly the album is undervalued by Edgar. We should start a petition for Cyclone 2009. ;-)
timer

Post by timer »

Michael66 wrote:Cyclone is a fantastic album in my opinion, I always liked it. Sadly the album is undervalued by Edgar. We should start a petition for Cyclone 2009. ;-)
Great , get Chris Hausl in for the vocals 8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

timer wrote:
Michael66 wrote:Cyclone is a fantastic album in my opinion, I always liked it. Sadly the album is undervalued by Edgar. We should start a petition for Cyclone 2009. ;-)
Great , get Chris Hausl in for the vocals 8)
Now there's a great idea.

Cyclone's a brilliant album. Didn't like it at first and didn't listen to it for years. When I did refamiliarise myself with it I realised what an winner I'd been.
timer

Post by timer »

I rate Cyclone as one of the TD classics . Rising Runner is superb music , that sequencer (who ever programmed it ! :wink: ) is wicked.

And Madrigal Meridan great music of that era. 8)

But it certainly is the one Vocal album of TD that would be very interesting reworked.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Don`t get me wrong I don`t mind old albums being revisited but I don`t want it to become the norm. I would much prefer Edgar concentrates on new music.
timer

Post by timer »

cantosis wrote:Don`t get me wrong I don`t mind old albums being revisited but I don`t want it to become the norm. I would much prefer Edgar concentrates on new music.
We've got no worries about out man not being able to accomodate both projects , even with a blindfold and his hands tied behind his back - there's no stopping the genius 8)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Cyclone must be left alone, please
Last edited by bigmoog on Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...The wise.....are silent.....
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

bigmoog wrote:Cyclone must left alone, please
Amen to that :!: :wink:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

bergen-dreamer wrote:

I agree with Father Moog on this one.
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Cyclone was of its time and should be left there IMO. If the multi-tracks exist (along with the remaining hours of performance from the Rubycon sessions.........) we could have several albums worth of remixed/unreleased material - I understand Cyclone was a 48 track recording with all the tracks used and most unused I understand (24db will deny or confirm as I read it in one of the interviews he has catalogued).....
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

If there ever will be a true remastering of TD's Virgin album, I hope a miracle happens and the tapes get shipped to Eroc, former drummer of Grobschnitt and now one of the best remasterers of the planet. He currently does magic for old German Krautrock released on the Brain label (Jane, Grobschnitt, Novalis, Birthcontrol and lots more). Just have a listen to his before/after remastering examples here ... unbelievable!
Mars

Post by Mars »

Good idea of a Cyclone 2009 with some extra tracks from that tour!
Always loved that album. I even made a Cyclone t-shirt, wich I used at the MuseumsInsel-Festival Inferno Concert in Berlin :-)
redziller

Post by redziller »

cantosis wrote:
bergen-dreamer wrote:

I agree with Father Moog on this one.
What he said ^

I can see how elements of these tracks could be reworked or DMd as we've seen but a full revision doesn't seem friutful

But whatever apples fall - I'm here with a basket
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

DSJR wrote:I understand Cyclone was a 48 track recording with all the tracks used and most unused I understand (24db will deny or confirm as I read it in one of the interviews he has catalogued).....
48 tracks? Wow ... so if there's no remaster, no re-recording, I suppose 48 tracks could be a fantastic source for a 5.1 mix! :-)
(okok I know... extremely unlikely ... but one can dream :))