Great Wall Of China

har
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Great Wall Of China

Post by har »

was looking for a thread on this album but doesn't seem to be one.................... so..............

Having recently activated " catch up with the 90s " mode :oops: I have finally heard this album and I have to say........I really like it. No surprise there then :mrgreen:

Be interested to see what you lads thought of this one.

Only track I dont like is track 3 The South Gate Knights, which seems to have some very irritating high pitched whining going on in the background on my CD :?:

But interestingly :lol: I have found that if you programe in tracks;

1) Meng Tian
5) Zhu Zhanji
9) Snow on Dragons Peak
11) Tiger Forest

It would make one hell of a cup disc 8)

In addition, the award for the class track title goes to "Silence the Barking Monk" :mrgreen: Not a bad wee tune either.

What was the film/programme relating to this soundtrack like?

So anyway, go and give China cup disc a wee try and see what you think :)

PS I am getting Mars Polaris from Santa, which I see is doing rather well in the 70/80/90/00 thread , as is Goblins Club :idea:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Not a bad album at all this one, "Meng Tian" along with "Cradle of Prodigies" are i believe JF compositions with the rest of the album EF tracks... i particularly like "Zhu Zhanji" 8) and "Meng Tian" 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I like this one....I don't know if there ever was actually a film made to go with the music.
har

Post by har »

Looks like it had a fairly mixed reception everywhere.

It would seem it was the soundtrack to some obscure documentry on the Great Wall..............I think.

Would have been good to see and hear it!
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

Going to have to have a listen to this one myself tonight.
"Sydney till I Die"
hansx

Post by hansx »

a decent album. With some very good tracks. For me Meng Tian is the best of it. But the rest of the tracks are not bad at all. i think it is a bit underestimated. You don't read too much in the forum of it. Shame.
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

hansx wrote:a decent album. With some very good tracks. For me Meng Tian is the best of it. But the rest of the tracks are not bad at all. i think it is a bit underestimated. You don't read too much in the forum of it. Shame.
Snow on Dragon's Peak is a phenomenal tune. I LOVE listening to it on my headphones when walking around the Old City part of Beijing.

God I miss China. Coming up on 1 year since I have been there. Way, waaaay too long.
Red Morpho

Post by Red Morpho »

epsilon75 wrote:Not a bad album at all this one, "Meng Tian" along with "Cradle of Prodigies" are i believe JF compositions with the rest of the album EF tracks... i particularly like "Zhu Zhanji" 8) and "Meng Tian" 8)
The JF tracks were replaced on the mp3 download version with Year of The Monkey and Cloud Face - unfortunately they're only available in 128kbs - wonder if they are going to appear on the re-released version or on one of the new compilations
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

This is one of many few albums I enjoy from the newer music of TD, since I am a fan of the 70's-80's older TD. Mars Polaris is another of my favs.

Meng Tian is my favorite track of them all. 8)