Suggestion for Online Shop (Buying New CD`s)

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by cantosis »

Well I guess not worth the hassle for Eastgate as everyone is not in favour :shock: :oops: 8) :arrow:
jacob

Post by jacob »

cantosis wrote:Well I guess not worth the hassle for Eastgate as everyone is not in favour :shock: :oops: 8) :arrow:
I think it's an excellent idea.

They could also release the download and cd versions on the same day.
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
timer

Post by timer »

I think this is how the majority of Music will end up being sold before to long.

The high street record / CD shops are on their last legs , and some EM mail-internet order companies already give the option of download with a CDR copy to follow !! .

Personally I agree with the majority - it's such an uplifting feeling to recieve the 'Luftpost' package knowing what's inside , having the artwork and packaging. - Just can't beatit IMHO. 8)
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

I'm not sure that Matt was suggesting that the download replaced the CD - just filled in until it's delivered for those whose vigils are unbearable.

It would also act as a backup should things go AWOL in the post (as they often do in Brixton :-( )

As such, I think it would be an excellent idea although not one I would need myself: I banish the memory of the order as soon as it's made, then have the wonderful and (semi) unexpected surprise when the packages drops through the letter box. :D
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
har

Post by har »

I think this would be a great idea.

Best of both worlds. Buy the CD and once paid for obtain instant access to a download.

Brilliant, no waiting and the CD to look forward to.

Downloads are taking over the world and I am afraid I contribute to that process :?
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

It is interesting that most people seem to say they wouldn`t want it but I wonder how many of you would turn down the chance of downloading the music after purchasing the CDs if Eastgate offered this chance. In all honestly I can`t see many people saying no thanks. :roll: :D 8) :arrow:
Six By Nine

Post by Six By Nine »

This year has been an important one for me in that its's been the one I've embraced downloading music and it's mainly thanks to TD.

This year I've downloaded all of their releases and caught up on a number from the previous year.

For me, the beauty of downloading is instant access to the music and the fact that I can load it straight onto my MP3 player as well as making physical copies. I have a pretty decent stereo and have got to say that the CDs I've burnt from MP3 sound pretty decent especially with the recent higher bit rate.

Throw in the free album covers and the fact that the downloads are cheaper and I can't see me going back to buying physical CDs, especially given EFs prolific rate these days.

I only have 2 minor gripes - it would be nice to have downloadable CD labels as well as covers (I have to make these up from the covers) and the information on the download covers is not as comprehensive as the physical CDs (I only recently realised TQ had composed most of the Persistence of Memory thanks to Voices in the Net), despite that I can't see me going back to ordering physical copies in the future.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Make a Digital Copy on your PC Computer.

:idea:

:!: :arrow:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Laserdisc Dream wrote:Make a Digital Copy on your PC Computer.

Not really an answer to my point though. :arrow:
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

cantosis wrote:
Laserdisc Dream wrote:Make a Digital Copy on your PC Computer.

Not really an answer to my point though. :arrow:

That Right! :D :lol:

ant

Post by ant »

:) I don't download - it's a s simple as that. I prefer to have the 'real thing' sitting in my hands. So this idea is not for me but I am sure there are some it would appeal to. :)
Biggus Dickus
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

ant wrote::) I don't download - it's a s simple as that. I prefer to have the 'real thing' sitting in my hands. So this idea is not for me but I am sure there are some it would appeal to. :)
Me too. I am guilty of downloading quite a few non TD albums but simply don't like cdr's all that much...because fo their short lifespan.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

sparrow wrote:
ant wrote::) I don't download - it's a s simple as that. I prefer to have the 'real thing' sitting in my hands. So this idea is not for me but I am sure there are some it would appeal to. :)
Me too. I am guilty of downloading quite a few non TD albums but simply don't like cdr's all that much...because fo their short lifespan.
I loath CDRs. Had to give a talk to a large group of scientists once, my talk was on PowerPoint which I copied to CDR the night before. I checked it just before leaving and it was fine, drove to Nottingham and by the time I got there it had gone. Fortunately I'd emailed the talk to myself so I got away with it. I use flash drives now.