Suggestion for Online Shop (Buying New CD`s)

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Suggestion for Online Shop (Buying New CD`s)

Post by cantosis »

This may not be a possible thing for Eastgate to do for the current new releases or maybe not even for future ones but recently I ordered a CD from someone in Australia and what happened was that after I had paid for the CD she sent me a link where I could download the album I had brought.

I was able to listen to it straight away while I waited for the CD to come.

Would it possible for Eastage to do something like this in the future. It would certainly ease the waiting time?.

I know some people who wouldn`t like this anyway as they prefer to listen from the CD but personally I think its a great idea.
Mars

Post by Mars »

Some of the "magic" will disappear, at least for me. Waiting for the cd to arrive is exciting....and listen to it for the first time, is quite special.
If I`ve heard the whole album before it arrives, something is lost for me.
It`s the joyment and the "wows",and the feeling. Can`t really describe it!
But for me, personally IT`s always worth the wait :-)
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Interesting suggestion, Matt, but I'm afraid I agree more with Ståle's sentiments here :arrow:

putting on a brand new TD CD is one life's greatest gifts IMO :D
Beaubourg

Re: Suggestion for Online Shop (Buying New CD`s)

Post by Beaubourg »

cantosis wrote:This may not be a possible thing for Eastgate to do for the current new releases or maybe not even for future ones but recently I ordered a CD from someone in Australia and what happened was that after I had paid for the CD she sent me a link where I could download the album I had brought.

Would it possible for Eastage to do something like this in the future. It would certainly ease the waiting time?.

I know some people who wouldn`t like this anyway as they prefer to listen from the CD but personally I think its a great idea.
For a business, profit margins are much higher with the sale of a physical CD over a download (hence the hardcopy always going on sale prior to a digital copy). Once the market's been exhausted for the sale of the actual CD, they then "wipe up" with the digital.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

For me it would have to be the CD,awaiting a new TD CD is one of the special things in life,but i respect your views on the issue and maybe this is possible for those who would like it.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Beaubourg wrote:
cantosis wrote:This may not be a possible thing for Eastgate to do for the current new releases or maybe not even for future ones but recently I ordered a CD from someone in Australia and what happened was that after I had paid for the CD she sent me a link where I could download the album I had brought.

For a business, profit margins are much higher with the sale of a physical CD over a download (hence the hardcopy always going on sale prior to a digital copy). Once the market's been exhausted for the sale of the actual CD, they then "wipe up" with the digital.

No but I mean the digital copy will only be available for the people who have pre ordered the actual CD.
Mars

Post by Mars »

cantosis wrote:
Beaubourg wrote:

No but I mean the digital copy will only be available for the people who have pre ordered the actual CD.
It`s kind of the same thing :-) If I knew that I could listened to it right away, after the purchase, I would have fallen into that trap...:-)
But I see your point! But not for me. :-)
24db

Post by 24db »

couldn't care less about the format....just keep releasing the great music lads
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Would be something for very impatient TD fans... if it's technically possible, why not... but I wouldn't use it. For example I won't download the mp3s for the Loreley DVD, because sooner or later I'm going to buy the DVD and knowing the "soundtrack" in advance would spoil it a bit for me.

But what I'd like to see would be a download possibility for high resolution files of the covers and artwork. Yes I know in the download shop there are pdf files of the covers for free, that's generous and completely sufficient for printing 12 x 12 cm CD booklet-sized covers, but it's not high quality enough for 30 x 30 cm prints in the glorious, old-fashioned LP format... I'd even pay some Euros extra for hq digital artwork files. I'm quite sure there's already software out there for invisibly watermarking digital pictures, so TD could ensure their copyright on these files.

Generally speaking, isn't it just strange that up to the 90s, LP customers got something with their music that looks good in a frame on the wall, but nowadays music lovers get something similar to... postage stamps. It's a step backwards and there must be a solution to this.
Mars

Post by Mars »

24db wrote:couldn't care less about the format....just keep releasing the great music lads
Every TD Album on MP3 only?

No way :-) Got to have the CD itself in my collection!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Mars wrote:
24db wrote:couldn't care less about the format....just keep releasing the great music lads

Totally agree Stale :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Mars wrote:

Usually I do want the same. But in some occasions I don't care. Mostly when the cd isn't that good. :D
hansx

Post by hansx »

But now that I think of it, why not the Boostercd on the downloadsite. Guess that a lot of people do not want to wait for the cd's or even do not want it anyway.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:
Mars wrote:

Totally agree Stale :arrow:
Me too. I consider them to be a hard copy backup these days. If your harddrive goes belly-up then you have a copy you can upload.
Mars

Post by Mars »

hansx wrote:But now that I think of it, why not the Boostercd on the downloadsite. Guess that a lot of people do not want to wait for the cd's or even do not want it anyway.

Do not want it? Wich planet do you come from? :-)
Go straight to Chris`s UFO site!! hehe :-)