WISH LIST 2009 - AN OPEN LETTER TO TD

32 years + counting
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

WISH LIST 2009 - AN OPEN LETTER TO TD

Post by 32 years + counting »

Dear TD,

Like some other folks on this forum, I first heard STRATOSFEAR on Alan Freeman's 'Saturday Show' on BBC Radio One back in 1976, and have tagged along on your journey ever since. It's been a simply wonderful 32 years of albums and shows, and long may you continue.

In a perfect world 2009 would not only see you making excellent new music, but releasing material that would make newcomers surprised, and us veteran fans and collectors supremely happy, revealing even greater depths.

What chance then the following?

MADCAP'S FLAMING DUTY - An instrumental only release. Whilst I've always been a little ambivalent about vocals in your music, I thought Chris Hausl did a very fine job, and I like the album very much, but some of the music beneath was absolutely sublime and amongst your best ever. I think Thorsten's pieces featured him at a peak, and it all deserves to heard in a new context.

RISKY BUSINESS - The complete soundtrack. There's not that much that featured in the film that didn't make it to the official soundtrack, but something tells me that there's an archive of material from the sessions that would delight us all, and that the film editors never used.

CODENAME:THE SOLDIER - The complete soundtrack. One of the great lost gems of the 1980's.....re-worked to some extent into LOGOS, but again a treasure trove as yet undiscovered.

SORCERER - The complete soundtrack. The liner notes by director William Friedkin cite a 90 minute tape that arrived as he was shooting in the Dominican jungle. Less than 40 made it to the release. Such music would surely intrigue and fascinate, and be a hugely welcome addition to the superb legacy of Peter Baumann.

OEDIPUS TYRANNUS - The complete soundtrack of the play. As stunning and original as PHAEDRA and RUBYCON, and referenced in ENCORE, what a joy it would be to listen to new atmospherics of that era!?

Surely enough time has now passed that copyright / publishing issues can be resolved on these films / plays? With excerpts of them now released by yourselves and Johannes on various albums, can not the path now be clear for the full versions?

Lastly, and it came within seconds of starting and caused my hair to stand on end....the greatest unreleased track in TD's history in my opinion. Performed only in a concert in Brighton 1981 (to my knowledge) the track begins directly after Track 3: EXIT TO HEAVEN on THE ANTHOLOGY DECADES.....but was not on there!

Hear my plea!

Thank you.

Stratosgram,
UK
timer

Post by timer »

Welcome to the forum 32 years and counting 8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Welcome to the forum 32 8)
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

pretty much most of Madcaps Flaming Duty is available as intrumental versions on the Roadmap To Music ep, Booster vol.1. and im sure theres another one somewhere but cant remember where without looking thru my collection. Worth hearing but my request would, dont rush it and lets see the final two parts of the Five Atomic Seasons finished.
timer

Post by timer »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:pretty much most of Madcaps Flaming Duty is available as intrumental versions on the Roadmap To Music ep, Booster vol.1. and im sure theres another one somewhere but cant remember where without looking thru my collection. Worth hearing but my request would, dont rush it and lets see the final two parts of the Five Atomic Seasons finished.

Another part of MFD in instrumental form is on the TDOC Mike :)
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

ah Tim your so right. I knew i got it from somewhere. Just in my 'guinness'd hungover' state, i couldnt remember/couldnt be assed to move (delete as applicable). Wonder if any of the new tracks on Booster Vol.2. are MDF instrumentals?
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

There's also the instrumental version (of something) at the tail end of the Madcap's Flaming Promo.
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Cheers Beauborg. So now ive recovered from my hangover, lets take stock. Theres two intrumentals on 40 years:ROADMAP TO MUSIC ep. TANGINES ON AND RUNNING = THE BLESSED DAMOZEK. DAYSHIFT = THE DIVORCE.
ASTROPHEL AND STELLA instrumental on the MADCAPS FLAMING PROMO ep(and the opening track of the Tempodrome dvd). From BOOSTER vol.1. the marvellously titled, BIG SUR AND THE ORANGES FROM HIERONYMOS BOSCH is an intrumental and remixed with a dash of guitar version of HEAR THE VOICE. On the ONE TIMES ONE cupdisc, MAN (instrumental). And as timer mentioned, the download on TDOC, another instrumental version of HEAR THE VOICE and BURNING BABES REALITY SONG (also found on the Metaphor ep..track 4 and the dvd/cd set of Madcaps Flaming Duty as a bonus track). Phew, i think thats it but please let me know if ive missed anything...had a 'dryday' today, should be ok. :-)
Janus

Post by Janus »

Welcome to the forum 32 and counting..great post 8) :D
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
jacob

Post by jacob »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:Theres two intrumentals on 40 years:ROADMAP TO MUSIC ep. TANGINES ON AND RUNNING = THE BLESSED DAMOZEL. DAYSHIFT = THE DIVORCE.
Not quite. Dayshift is the instrumental version of A Dream of Death, and Tangines On And Running is the instrumental version of The Divorce.
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

jacob wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:Theres two intrumentals on 40 years:ROADMAP TO MUSIC ep. TANGINES ON AND RUNNING = THE BLESSED DAMOZEL. DAYSHIFT = THE DIVORCE.
Not quite. Dayshift is the instrumental version of A Dream of Death, and Tangines On And Running is the instrumental version of The Divorce.
'theres always one' :-) no, thanks Jacob. Surprised i typed anything at all with my fuzzy head after joining in some very seasonal drinking activities! :-)
timer

Post by timer »

The only things I wish for from TD in 2009 is :

More of the fabulously Beautiful music that we have had the pleasure of over the past couple of years.

And the opportunity to see TD live somewhere on the Planet . (Cardiff :D )
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

Hi Guys,

Wishing you all a very HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009
with lots of love, health, power and success in all your schemes of life and projects.
Thank you so much for your loyal friendship. TD and Eastgate will try its best to bring you joy in 2009, too.
May the dream continue!

Quote by Albert Einstein: "The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

Best regards,
EINSTEIN'S BARBER (ADMIN)
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN
r4man

Post by r4man »

One thing I’d still like to see in the near future is a dvd release of Purgatorio and Paradiso. What I’d REALLY like is a deluxe release of the Dante trilogy in dvd, along with a book with color photos of the main performers, perhaps a short biography of each and identification of the parts they perform, along with a complete libretto. It is my opinion that the work deserves such a release.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I'd love to see a DVD of the Purgatorio show. I loved it on the night and would dearly love to see it again. I understand that there are problems with Paradiso but again, if they can be overcome, I'd like to see that too.