Do you still listen to all eras of TD music?

bergen-dreamer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bergen-dreamer »

epsilon75 wrote:
bergen-dreamer wrote:All era's - all the time :P
Same here Stein 8)
Thought as much Colin :D :wink:
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I Listening too the Re-run of The Tangerine Dream Music. :D :wink:

:!: :arrow:
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

Indeed I listen to all eras of TD music on a regular basis. Yesterday I put on "Phaedra" for instance. And a few days ago I just had to listen to "Lily On The Beach". The new albums are simply fantastic and the years from 2005 until today may rank as my all time favourites. But every once in a while I have to return to albums from the past. And there is so much to choose from! :D
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:
bergen-dreamer wrote:All era's - all the time :P
Same here Stein 8)
Me too. Just had a quick foray into the Pink Years and have been listening a lot to the recent releases. Can't be long now before I feel the need for some Virgin Years.
jacob

Post by jacob »

I listen to all eras, but the melodic side of TD always gets my top priority.
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
pb2rdf

Re: Do you still listen to all eras of TD music?

Post by pb2rdf »

genesis1964 wrote:Do you still listen to all eras of TD music?

With there being so many good releases over the last few years I find myself listening to these and very rarely listening to lets say the music of the 70's, 80's and 90's.

I still play Cyclone a lot (my fave), but I think I have only played a couple from the 70's and 80's in the last couple of months.

What about you? Just curious :D
Almost complete era, do I have to put the playlist here (which is on my MP3 carplayer) ? :roll: :mrgreen:
Starting with Phaedra, no end visible yet.

grtz, Peter
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

I do listen to all era's although the current era and the 80's get more airplay.
har

Post by har »

I am a 70s man 8)

However I listen to all eras, especially the newer stuff at the moment, although I am working my way through the albums that I never heard from the late80s/90s.

Have to say I am thoroughly enjoying catching up and keeping up with Tangerine Dream :D
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Schulze wrote:Yeah... i still listen to many of the older albums from the 70's.

This year i started buying them on vinyl as they were originally released (well before my time) and realised just how poor the Virgin re-issues on CD were compared to the original vinyl ones.... :wink:
You must be joking sir :lol:

Now you've torn it (remembering a long lost series of essays on BM's site ;))

I bought everything "new" from Phaedra onwards and subsequently bought original Zeit, Atem and the others I'd missed by 1980. The re-mastered Atem is so much clearer, and the original Virgin LP issues all suffered with the oil crisis. Even the excellent TD 70 - 80 box set has been twiddled with :o

Get yourself a decent play-back sound system and hear these old recordings properly on CD, except maybe Encore, but that was always a bad one..... Perhaps Edgar's current mastering system could spice up the Virgin years, but I fear that all we're going to get are re-makes... :oops:

To answer the original question, being an oldie, I tend to listen to the CF era mostly and have to force myself to play the nineties stuff I have.
homeless

Post by homeless »

Laserdisc Dream wrote:I Listening too the Re-run of The Tangerine Dream Music. :D :wink:

:!: :arrow:
Ditto.

Always changing, from the earliest to the most recent.

homeless
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I go where the mood takes me (and when my Ipod is on Random) roll
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
exit81

Post by exit81 »

I delve into TD's past quite regularly, and recently sat back in my chair, closed my eyes and played Ricochet from start to finish. A sublime experience. Living in a detached house means the volume can go up to 11 too. This works just as well with the new music too! :D
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

The only eras I listen to less often are pre 1973 and the 1990s. All other eras are regularly delved into, and there are some from the late seventies to late eighties I cannot get through a month without listening to.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

DSJR wrote:
Schulze wrote:Yeah... i still listen to many of the older albums from the 70's.

This year i started buying them on vinyl as they were originally released (well before my time) and realised just how poor the Virgin re-issues on CD were compared to the original vinyl ones.... :wink:
You must be joking sir :lol:

Now you've torn it (remembering a long lost series of essays on BM's site ;))

I bought everything "new" from Phaedra onwards and subsequently bought original Zeit, Atem and the others I'd missed by 1980. The re-mastered Atem is so much clearer, and the original Virgin LP issues all suffered with the oil crisis. Even the excellent TD 70 - 80 box set has been twiddled with :o

Get yourself a decent play-back sound system and hear these old recordings properly on CD, except maybe Encore, but that was always a bad one..... Perhaps Edgar's current mastering system could spice up the Virgin years, but I fear that all we're going to get are re-makes... :oops:

To answer the original question, being an oldie, I tend to listen to the CF era mostly and have to force myself to play the nineties stuff I have.
I have to respectfully disagree with you on this DSJR. The CD remasters were taken from old tapes, whereas the original vinyl was pressed from tapes that were still fresh when the music was released.

I think the Pink Years suffered badly from this with Electronic Meditation and Alpha Centauri being good examples..... loads of distortion etc...

Also Phaedra is badly cut on CD with tracks 1 and 2 not ending and starting in the right places....

In any case i kind of like the idea of putting a slab of vinyl on the turntable and listening to the likes of Zeit as it would have originally been heard back in heard 72.... :wink:

Only MHO of course with respect to your own :)
Be at one with the sequencing.....
tangmaster

Post by tangmaster »

All the era's are passing my CD player, it will never stop.
The way a world of dreams is going on!