Winter In Hiroshima - a request

Lucan
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Winter In Hiroshima - a request

Post by Lucan »

Could we have Thorsten back for this album, please? Maybe even have him doing this one himself.

Don't get me wrong, I really do totally dig Edgar's recent work. I just don't feel that Thorsten has been utilized enough recently, and I really did love his work on MFD.

Bring back Thorsten!
If celibacy was good enough for my father, and his father before him, it's bloody well good enough for me!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Could be that TQ has been busy on other projects. DVD soundtracks for example. But yeh I wouldn't mind hearing more from him.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Yes i think he as potential to be a great talent in TD
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

alipaul wrote:Yes i think he as potential to be a great talent in TD
To me Thorsten has long since proved that he is much more than a mere talent - IMHO he is already a mature artist and one of the major new voices in the world of EM (just listen to his compositions on SiN) - and him joining TD is one of the best things that has happened to the band in recent years - all in IMHO of course :arrow:
"The streets are full of admirable craftsmen, but so few practical dreamers" - Man Rey
timer

Post by timer »

bergen-dreamer wrote:
To me Thorsten has long since proved that he is much more than a mere talent - IMHO he is already a mature artist and one of the major new voices in the world of EM (just listen to his compositions on SiN) - and him joining TD is one of the best things that has happened to the band in recent years - all in IMHO of course :arrow:

I would agree with you here Stein - TQ is an assett to the TD live sound and his compositions for the band have been top notch - as are his PPM productions 8)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I think fans making requests for things to happen on albums is a bit crazy, the only thing that would be crazier is when an artist starts compromising one's artistic integrity to please fans requests, especially when it is something as important as creating music.

Of course an artist should take note of fans comments but in my opinion I think when it comes to composing music leave that to EF. I think he is doing alright himself :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

I want ALL TD albums to start with a snare drum on beat two of the second bar, if I don't get it I'll stop being a fan ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:I want ALL TD albums to start with a snare drum on beat two of the second bar, if I don't get it I'll stop being a fan ;)
:mrgreen: :) Nice one :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

cantosis wrote:I think fans making requests for things to happen on albums is a bit crazy, the only thing that would be crazier is when an artist starts compromising one's artistic integrity to please fans requests, especially when it is something as important as creating music.

Of course an artist should take note of fans comments but in my opinion I think when it comes to composing music leave that to EF. I think he is doing alright himself :arrow:
Very well put. Thank goodness Edgar doesn't listen to what I say. Do I really know what I want anyway? The only thing I expect from TD these days is 'the unexpected'.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Chris Monk wrote:
cantosis wrote:I think fans making requests for things to happen on albums is a bit crazy, the only thing that would be crazier is when an artist starts compromising one's artistic integrity to please fans requests, especially when it is something as important as creating music.

Very well put. Thank goodness Edgar doesn't listen to what I say. Do I really know what I want anyway? The only thing I expect from TD these days is 'the unexpected'.
Well, I particularly like the timbre of the paper-and-comb and am incredulous that Edgar doesn't feature this purest of instruments in his recordings... :evil:
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

whoever is behind the TD banner i really cant wait for Winter In Hiroshima. This is a massive and brave project for TD to take Mr.HT's life and horrific memories of loss and destruction and turn them into a piece of musical art. Incredible music on the first three parts.
Nero

Post by Nero »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:whoever is behind the TD banner i really cant wait for Winter In Hiroshima. This is a massive and brave project for TD to take Mr.HT's life and horrific memories of loss and destruction and turn them into a piece of musical art. Incredible music on the first three parts.
Can't say it better! Dito.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

bergen-dreamer wrote:
Wouldn't disagree with you at all

alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I also agree with this statement but i would like TQ to play abit more of an active role

24db

Post by 24db »

alipaul wrote:

I also agree with this statement but i would like TQ to play abit more of an active role
I think Thorsten does more than we give him credit for mate