TD sampled

bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Tangram set 1 :?:
"The streets are full of admirable craftsmen, but so few practical dreamers" - Man Rey
hansx

Post by hansx »

Very good. Sounds perfect. Could be a great ringtone. :D
Mars

Re: TD sampled

Post by Mars »

24db wrote:As recommended to me today:

http://www.last.fm/music/Grizz+Volga/Mi ... p/Tram+Gum

spot the sample!

By whom? grin :-)

Great sample!
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

I would love to fing some more TD sounds sampled ... but you know ... I just heard one of the new ones and it is so "rich" and so "full" compared to what you can do with a synth and your 10 fingers ... that it will be eons before I can even create something that fine on my midi keyboard and meager Ableton Live and some silly cheap-sheepdip software!

I love the soundsfears from Mysterious Semblance, Stratosfear, Hyperborea, Tangram and so many other albums ... and I have to admit, which I would not wish to sound like TD (I doubt I would), the desire to work/play with those sounds is ... big.

In many ways, there is a lot of the sound that helped define my own inner experience. As such, wanting to play with it is a normal reaction for it ... so one can explore that feeling further ...

I have tried to explore the feeling further, bu listening to a remastered/redone version of some of the older material ... and you know what? I didn't get it ... I did not feel that it had the "exploration" that helped make it so important then ... the newer versions sound ... more modern ... and that's about it.

I guess there is a difference between hearing a Mozart Concerto on stage with the 4 instrumets ... and hearing it played on a synth by Tomita, or Keith Jarret, or Edgar Froese. One would expect the depth of the music to still "live" ... and honestly, I did not feel that depth in listening to the new versions ... I still like them, but they are a totally different experience now, and are not as "exploratory" as they were then.

It's not easy talking about the inner perception is it?