Re - Recordings

hansx
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by hansx »

har wrote:
Six By Nine wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:TD doing more covers?

Not sure about that one, they've done some great ones in the past (Purple Haze, House of the Rising Sun, The Snowman, etc) so I suppose I wouldn't be too averse to the idea. I wouldn't want then to turn into a covers-band though.
Sorry to buck the trend here - all those cover versions have been awful -imho of course!

TD should do what they've always done best - exploring uncharted territories and let others follow in their wake.
I absolutely hate that song House of the Rising Sun, it is shite, even the TD one :wink: This is just my opinion though :D

PS no keen on TD purple haze either, but as suggested above its just a bit of fun methinks. And Tomorrow never knows is class!
The original wasn't too bad, but I don't like the TD version at all. It is a booring song when there are no vocals in it. Purple Haze was great. for the rest I don't mind a cover, but don't think it is really necessary. I rather hear a nice guitarpiece from TD. :D
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I like TD's versions of them both, House of the Rising Sun and Purple Haze, but then I'm a self-confessed heavy-head.

My moto is "You can never have too much guitar". :wink:
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

I don't think that covers are needed ... that said, it is fun to hear ... yet ... another ... "relation" to the artist's source or inspiration. But ... I don't remember Mozart showing his "inspiration ... or Beethoven showing his ...

Actually, I find it ... a downer ... in my trip/dream world I want to stay there and many of those "covers" bring me down to reality ...

If you gonna trip ... trip hard ... and WELL ... and music like this is amazingly good for those things. While I love Jimi and do enjoy the Beatles (later era mostly) ... in the end they also bring up a time that was perverted and corrupted ... and I am not proud of that corruption. Mind you ... I'm proud of the learning and all that ... but the rest ... was not needed.

If there is one piece I would like to see TD do a cover of ... it is their earlier stuff ... do a Phaedra and have an orgasm as big or bigger than the greatest gig in the sky ... do Mysterious Semblance ... and take us to Pluto and beyond ... heck ... do the best of them all ... revolution #9 ... and then for a fine finish ... a good night ... the dream'y way!