Mars Polaris review

Tropylium
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Tropylium »

sparrow wrote:A mate of mine who doesn't like hardly any of the ''new'' TD loves Mars Polaris..as I do. Pop music??? no, no, no,.
Seriously now, did any of you read beyond the second sentence? :? May I quote the third:
On Mars Polaris I finally find things that are pure EM without the boring housewife arrangements that became the band's trademark in the 90s.

Don't ask me tho what in the 90s catalog he does consider pop without vocals. The instrumental versions of Dreamtime and I Want To Rule My Live Without You would at least count, and IMO a few tracks off Rockoon and TotT, but I'm not sure what else.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Tropylium wrote:Don't ask me tho what in the 90s catalog he does consider pop without vocals. The instrumental versions of Dreamtime and I Want To Rule My Live Without You would at least count, and IMO a few tracks off Rockoon and TotT, but I'm not sure what else.
It's a good question. What have TD ever written that would be considered Pop? I can't think of much that wouldn't die a horrible death in the Pop charts.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Chris Monk wrote:
Tropylium wrote:Don't ask me tho what in the 90s catalog he does consider pop without vocals. The instrumental versions of Dreamtime and I Want To Rule My Live Without You would at least count, and IMO a few tracks off Rockoon and TotT, but I'm not sure what else.
It's a good question. What have TD ever written that would be considered Pop? I can't think of much that wouldn't die a horrible death in the Pop charts.
I think there are some great 'pop' tracks on Shy People, and a lot of the Tatort series. All they go to show (IMHO) is that when TD want to, they can...
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
har

Post by har »

How does one define "EM" or for that matter "Pop" ? What fits into the "rock" genre ? In fact does it even really matter, at the end of the day its just an opinion . As far as I am concerned TD are TD and that is just fine 8)

I only obtained MP about two months ago, and have to say, first play in the car I was really not to sure about it. Particularly what I would describe as the dance orientated percussion on one of the tracks. That stuck in my mind initially as its just NOT my thing!

However several plays later, I absolutely love this album, It is excellent.

In fact I am sticking it on next :D
har

Post by har »

I confirm I stuck it on next :wink:

The tracks that put me off initially must have been Outland ( The Colony ) and Astrophobia. However I do quite like them now.......... so all is well :D

A lot of good stuff on this album, best track for me is Comets Figure Head.
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

[quote="Michael66"]"Electronic music" is just a constructed, meaningless word.]

Thank you ...

We need to say it louder and louder ... even here there are many people posting and still thinking in classical terms ... how did Paganini play his nail cutter?

Music is music ... of course ... when you can't hear it and all you are looking for is a set of lyrics ... ohh well, you have no poetry inside anyway ... why would you want to listen to music ... there's plenty of Walt Disney out there (Fantasia doesn't count since most Disney fans have never seen it!) ... and rap! And it all says the same thing and not good too!