Info wanted from you fans out there on some Vinyl

bigdaveh
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Info wanted from you fans out there on some Vinyl

Post by bigdaveh »

Can anyone give me some idea what they think these albums would be worth please.

Atem on Ohr label. omm556031 gatefold sleeve.
Force Majeure clear on Virgin.
Ypsilon on Brain label 1074.
Atem on Polydor 2383297.
Alpha on Polydor 2383314.
The V album V/A with overture track on it by TD. signed by EF, CF & PH. VD2502.

If you have any ideas would really appreciate it form you fans who know your stuff.

Many thanks David.
The Stoke TDBA Division.
24db

Re: Info wanted from you fans out there on some Vinyl

Post by 24db »

bigdaveh wrote:Can anyone give me some idea what they think these albums would be worth please.

Atem on Ohr label. omm556031 gatefold sleeve. £10-£30
Force Majeure clear on Virgin. £10-£15
Ypsilon on Brain label 1074. £10-£22
Atem on Polydor 2383297.

If you have any ideas would really appreciate it form you fans who know your stuff.

Many thanks David.
pure guess work mate
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

Unless you are the collector from heck and you gotta have that copy ... my answer is ... that is all past news ... and the rubycon has been crossed.

There is a sentimental value to it ... but I have to tell you that at 59 I have dwindled down my collection of music (it's not a collection! -- it's the music I love! ... there is a difference!) and got the CD's instead ... why? I can't handle the weight anymore and I don't have a house to protect these ... I still work jobs that might decide to let me go tomorrow and I'm out scratching the surface again just to pay rent!

But inspiration and love is hard to let go ... and there is a lot of music in there that I simply can not let it go ... but the CD quality these days is better and you have a lot less hassles, from bad needles to sloppy turntables to lousy stereos ... these LP's are not worth it if you don't have the mega system to appreciate a lof of the care and detail that went into that recording ... much of which is not available today ... where "mastering" is not an art ... it's just another program on your computer.

My only problem with it all is the quality to it ... and the mp3 and mp4 process ... which eventually will get better ... but I simply do not see that someone with really small earphones plugged in to their cheap lillte ipod or bruhaha ... is ever foing to enjoy or appreciate the "large sound" and "feel" that a lot of this music has ... in other words ... to make the 3rd dimention easier to see and appreciate ... the 2 dimentional sounding AM radio or small music box, simply will not make TD sound good ... see??? At least for you and I.

I will miss one thing ... though ... the art work ... and you are going to have to slaughter me to take away some album covers .... and that art is to me often as precious, if not more so, than some of the msuic.
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

The market for Tangerine Dream collectibles is probably not all that vast and is possibly dwindling rather than increasing, partly for reasons Hipgnosis explained. Many older TD fans are relinquishing their vinyl collections, and younger fans might be rediscovering the earlier music (via CD or download), but don't care about the physical media.

Having said that, there is always a market for collectibles. Within that list, I would think that the two Polydor items probably have the least (if any) value, but all the others should be rare enough to warrant attention. eBay can provide a decent gauge as to what people are willing to pay for something.
billythefish

Re: Info wanted from you fans out there on some Vinyl

Post by billythefish »

bigdaveh wrote:Can anyone give me some idea what they think these albums would be worth please.

Atem on Ohr label. omm556031 gatefold sleeve.
Force Majeure clear on Virgin.
Ypsilon on Brain label 1074.
Atem on Polydor 2383297.

Many thanks David.
Hiya Dave,
I find the Ohr pressings the best quality - so always recommend them if you can get a good price. There is more artwork too, which is always nice.
Force Majeure on clear vinyl is fun as a novelty item, but has inferior sound quality as the clear vinyl is not good and very noisy. I would advise to steer clear unless a completist.
Brain pressings are also very good quality in comparison to the Virgin re-releases.
I had Zeit on Polydor - but found the sound to be inferior to the Ohr original - not sure about Alpha or Atem though.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

I had Zeit on Polydor, but gave it away when I was lucky enough to acquire an Ohr copy many years ago.

Atem on Polydor is easily eclipsed by the CD remaster. The tinkering just makes it so much more "immediate," as if you were in the next room to the musicians and have now come to the open doorway to listen directly to the mixdown.

I echo the good vibes on the Brain discs, but they can be noisy too (my copy of Moondawn on Brain) took a good few replays to quieten down as the stylus pushed the gunk out of the way.

FM on clear vinyl sounds good but the noise can be dreadful. I added a black vinyl LP as soon as it became available.

Good luck if you're going to sell them. perhaps a couple of the rare ones could be offered in BA raffle?
24db

Post by 24db »

DSJR wrote:I had Zeit on Polydor, but gave it away when I was lucky enough to acquire an Ohr copy many years ago.

Atem on Polydor is easily eclipsed by the CD remaster. The tinkering just makes it so much more "immediate," as if you were in the next room to the musicians and have now come to the open doorway to listen directly to the mixdown.

I echo the good vibes on the Brain discs, but they can be noisy too (my copy of Moondawn on Brain) took a good few replays to quieten down as the stylus pushed the gunk out of the way.

FM on clear vinyl sounds good but the noise can be dreadful. I added a black vinyl LP as soon as it became available.

Good luck if you're going to sell them. perhaps a couple of the rare ones could be offered in BA raffle?
the Spanish Black vinyl copy of FM wasn't too bad