TTree - illegal charging

alipaul
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by alipaul »

TheMan wrote:
cantosis wrote:Seems TD don`t get any money from these tree recordings,I am guessing Edgar isn`t happy about them?
What about The Bootleg Box Sets, Volumes I & II?
I wouldn't say no to VolIII
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

TheMan wrote:
cantosis wrote:Seems TD don`t get any money from these tree recordings,I am guessing Edgar isn`t happy about them?
What about The Bootleg Box Sets, Volumes I & II?

I think Jerome had some input with those ones so maybe they got some of the wonga from sales
exit81

Post by exit81 »

I think it's safe to say that TD had no intention of ever releasing their own version of the vast majority of the TT and TL concerts anyway, unless they were planning on releasing 100 live albums over the next 5 years. So perhaps only a few % of the concerts released in the project would have interferred with anything they were planning to release (eg, Berlin 1990/East). And some of the best recordings from the project have been officially released now anyway, which would never have happened without the project. Swings and roundabouts really.
r4man

Post by r4man »

The idea with regard to the Trees and Leaves was that they would be freely traded amongst us TD fans. They were never meant to be sold. TD was officially "looking the other way" with regard to these recordings. Historically speaking, TD have always had a very liberal attitude regarding bootlegs and fan tape trading. My favorite bootleg "Parisian Dreams" was purchased through an announcement in the official TDIFC. Something apparently happened that caused TD to pull the plug on the Tree project at the time the 10th Tree was released. All of those involved were pretty vague about it.

There are probably legal reasons why they can't do this, but I think it would be best for all concerned if the band could sell downloadable versions of the fan tapes on this site. They could have a proceed at your own risk (regarding the quality of the releases) warning on the portal and fans could give ratings of the various shows and quality levels. I think King Crimson's site does something like this.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

r4man wrote:Something apparently happened that caused TD to pull the plug on the Tree project at the time the 10th Tree was released. All of those involved were pretty vague about it.
I think it was around about the time of a TD show where the Tree recording was made available before the music had been released. I remember think at the time that the TT project had overstepped the mark. I can't remember for sure which show it was but it may have been the Jd'A show.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Chris Monk wrote:
r4man wrote:Something apparently happened that caused TD to pull the plug on the Tree project at the time the 10th Tree was released. All of those involved were pretty vague about it.
I think it was around about the time of a TD show where the Tree recording was made available before the music had been released. I remember think at the time that the TT project had overstepped the mark. I can't remember for sure which show it was but it may have been the Jd'A show.
There were also some soundtrack releases that had potential to upset the film industry.... a very different kettle of fish to Edgar and co.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
graham_thomas

Post by graham_thomas »

r4man wrote:
The idea with regard to the Trees and Leaves was that they would be freely traded amongst us TD fans. They were never meant to be sold. TD was officially "looking the other way" with regard to these recordings. Historically speaking, TD have always had a very liberal attitude regarding bootlegs and fan tape trading. My favorite bootleg "Parisian Dreams" was purchased through an announcement in the official TDIFC. Something apparently happened that caused TD to pull the plug on the Tree project at the time the 10th Tree was released. All of those involved were pretty vague about it.

There are probably legal reasons why they can't do this, but I think it would be best for all concerned if the band could sell downloadable versions of the fan tapes on this site. They could have a proceed at your own risk (regarding the quality of the releases) warning on the portal and fans could give ratings of the various shows and quality levels. I think King Crimson's site does something like this.
This was my understanding also. TD turned an eye as long as no money exchanged hands (it did in terms of postage and blank media). However, for some unknown 'legal concerns' and personal issues (if you believe Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tangerine_Tree) it ended in 2006.

The Bootmon's are expensive, as was the box sets - and I don't think any engineering or clean up had taken place so to me they are undesirable.

Offically put together live CD releases are, for me, what made me get into TD - the first I heard them was a UK Radio 1 'Rock Show' live concert in the early 80s. I immediately bought Poland, Ricochet, Logos, and the rest is history.............

8)
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

What goes around will come around ... if some one is ripping off TD ... well ... that's like saying that thye guy flying his big balls ... does not owe TD anything ... well, there are many other artists he took for a ride too .... and eventually he's gonna pay for it!

But ... in the end ... it's ok ... you know why? No one is gonna remember those fudgers!