Instrumental releases of Dante Trilogy, MFD, Tyger, etc.?

If Tangerine Dream released instrumental versions of the Dante Trilogy, Madcap's Flaming Duty, etc. would you buy them (on CD or download)?

Yes
69%
No
31%

Total votes: 26

billythefish
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by billythefish »

alipaul wrote:
billythefish wrote:I would certainly buy them, just because of my obsessive compulsive disorder though! There are some vocal tracks already instrumentalised that when I listen, I always feel something is missing: Loved by the Sun in particular.

However, there are many tracks from the Dante Trilogy that I would love to hear without vocals, particularly 'Chasing the bad seed' mentioned above.
Yes i love that track but it would it lose something without the vocals ?
Quite possibly... it would need to be shorter without vocals IMHO...
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I voted a big fat NO, leave the past as it is....puhlease......

of course I would lay long green to hear Sally Oldfield's vocals on the first version of Rubycon, that aint never been released...TDOC?

toodle pip :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
timer

Post by timer »

Although i would probably purchase these as non vocal alternatives, i have to agree with other comments here , that the tracks may be too long in some cases for this format.

Personally I think MFD has been covered, non vocal side already , apart from A Dream of Death, and although TQs initial rendition of this is excellent, on the Roadmap EP - I'd love to hear the BB Guitar solo added.

Tyger would be very interesting to hear vocaless, but I personally never 'got' the Dante series the first time around and I don't see the benefit.
hansx

Post by hansx »

bigmoog wrote:I voted a big fat NO, leave the past as it is....puhlease......

of course I would lay long green to hear Sally Oldfield's vocals on the first version of Rubycon, that aint never been released...TDOC?

toodle pip :arrow:
But then it is complete new. without voices. Ohhh yes. :)