maroubra bay / yab arbuoram

NAVEL OF LIGHT
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

maroubra bay / yab arbuoram

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

I read on the Voices On The Net website that there are copies of Epsilon In Malaysian Pale with Maroubra Bay recorded backwards on them? Has anyone heard it? They say on VITN that "it doesnt sound bad". Considering how rare the original of Epsilon is i bet the ones with the backwards version of Maroubra Bay on are worth a bit but its not the value that interests me, im interested to hear what MB sounds like backwards. (Subliminal messages maybe :lol: ).
24db

Re: maroubra bay / yab arbuoram

Post by 24db »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:I read on the Voices On The Net website that there are copies of Epsilon In Malaysian Pale with Maroubra Bay recorded backwards on them? Has anyone heard it? They say on VITN that "it doesnt sound bad". Considering how rare the original of Epsilon is i bet the ones with the backwards version of Maroubra Bay on are worth a bit but its not the value that interests me, im interested to hear what MB sounds like backwards. (Subliminal messages maybe :lol: ).
it's on the Brain Electronic Dreams compilation
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

I could of put money on you been the first one back to me Andy! :lol: That was the album with the mouse with the "electric lead" tail right?
24db

Post by 24db »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:I could of put money on you been the first one back to me Andy! :lol: That was the album with the mouse with the "electric lead" tail right?
yeah, sorry mate :)
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Dont apologise! I bet your a bugger to play Trivial Pursuit against? :lol:
Do you have the backwards Maroubra Bay ? Verdict?
Cyclone

Re: maroubra bay / yab arbuoram

Post by Cyclone »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:... Maroubra Bay recorded backwards ... "it doesnt sound bad" ...
If you have the Epsilon CD and an wave editor, you can make your own Maroubra Bay backwards version to yourself very simply. I did it because I have only the vinyl version but my turntable doesn't work.
24db

Post by 24db »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:Dont apologise! I bet your a bugger to play Trivial Pursuit against? :lol:
Well, and I've said this before (don't shoot me Colin, I know you love it) but I prefer it to the orginal. I had it for years and didn't realise it was backwards, now that's probably down to one of two things:

A. I'm thick (and my vote goes for that one)

or

B. I didn't play it much, and as Electronic Dreams basically just had tracks from Aqua and EIMP...I should check really (neither of which, hand on heart can I say I really liked) it's not that surprising that it didn't get many spins, as thankfully in the early 80's there was so much great stuff coming out by TD and others so it didn't matter
24db

Post by 24db »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:Dont apologise! I bet your a bugger to play Trivial Pursuit against? :lol:
remind me, how many questions were there on TD in TP? ;)

hmmm...another marketing OP, a Krautrock/ German rock version of TP, "and Mike, your category is German rock; which doesn't come from germany...ok which country does the group Brainticket come from"?
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Hmmm tough one but my final answer is...Brainticket originally formed in 1968, consisting of members from Swiss, German, and Italian descent. Although members came and went during their tenure together, their most popular lineup consisted of Joel Vandroogenbroeck (organ, flute), Ron Bryer (guitar), Werni Frohlich (bass), Cosimo Lampis (drums), Wolfgang Paap (tabla), Dawn Muir (vocals), Carole Muriel (vocals, zither) and Hellmuth Kolbe (potentiometers, generators, and sound effects).

Brainticket issued three albums before disbanding, but resurfaced in the early '80s with a pair of albums, but soon disappeared once more. In June 2000, another album titled "Alchemic Universe" came out of the collective.

phew....
24db

Post by 24db »

:D
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

:idea: :lol: GENIUS! :lol: :idea:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I have the backwards version on CDR and it sounds pretty amazing 8) :D but the original it pure genius IMHO and an amazing listening experience...
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

For some time, a special "John Peel session" of Fripp & Eno's (No Pussyfooting) circulated as a ROIO until it became known that what happened was that the tapes had been played backward on the radio program. Apparently a lot of people recorded the broadcast and, since it sounded (slightly) different than the record, it was believed to be an in-studio performance by the duo.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

24db wrote:Well, and I've said this before (don't shoot me Colin, I know you love it) but I prefer it to the orginal. I had it for years and didn't realise it was backwards
I had the same problem with the Tatort 12" EP - whose speed was incorrectly printed on the label... took me years to realise it should have been 45 RPM and not 33... by which time I had got used to the slower version!
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

billythefish wrote:
24db wrote:Well, and I've said this before (don't shoot me Colin, I know you love it) but I prefer it to the orginal. I had it for years and didn't realise it was backwards
I had the same problem with the Tatort 12" EP - whose speed was incorrectly printed on the label... took me years to realise it should have been 45 RPM and not 33... by which time I had got used to the slower version!
Ziet sounded pretty good at 45 rpm too.

...don't shoot me BM. :wink: