Mars Polaris V Mars Mission Counter

multivit72
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by multivit72 »

sparrow wrote:
sparrow wrote:Barstewards I ordered Mars Mission Counter and expect it this week.. :evil:
:shock: I can't remember posting this and why I was angry....must be getting auld.. :lol:
well, that's what the internet is for - to bring back stuff that you didn't even knew you'd had forgotten.... ;)

(is that a right use of the tenses? not so sure.. ;)
PurpleTwilight

Post by PurpleTwilight »

Well, I guess I finally made peace with my botched 2009 copy of Mars Polaris. It's kinda interesting to hear those songs mixed together with a bunch from Great Wall Of China, although the absence of Jerome's tracks couldn't be more obvious. Besides the dodgy running order, I still find the CD enjoyable to listen to. I must say, though, that nearly all of Edgar's tracks on GWOC make/made more sense as Mars Polaris-esque songs. Apart from 'Snow On Dragon's Peak' and the gong-like opening of 'No More Candles Burning' (aka 'The Red Gate'), GWOC sounds a lot more spacey than oriental.
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

This whole Mars Polaris/Great Wall fiasco just goes to show that none of this music is "inspired" by any of these concepts or themes as is often claimed. They write/record the music first, then give it titles later. Any titles can be stuck on any piece of music. Not that there is anything wrong with that--from an artistic standpoint, that method makes more sense, but when the same pieces of music show up on different concept albums, it's a little embarrassing.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

sparrow wrote:
sparrow wrote:Barstewards I ordered Mars Mission Counter and expect it this week.. :evil:
:shock: I can't remember posting this and why I was angry....must be getting auld.. :lol:
Must have been after watching Dunipace again John :shock: :P :wink:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

PurpleTwilight wrote:I bought my copy of Mars Polaris from Ebay sometime ago; it was the 2009 re-release version, to be exact. However, to my surprise, it actually plays the alternate version (Mars Polaris - Original Motion Picture Space Reality). They didn't repeat the pressing error on the 2009 version, did they? Both the CD and the case show the all the 2009 markings, so I'm very confused by this.
I can confirm this. Although the membran re-release does have the same cover and track listing as the "official" Mars Polaris release,the disc itself is the 11 track "alternate" version".....
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.