Springtime in Nagasaki

akaihead
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by akaihead »

Welcome back Geoff....

Bit cooler here I guess.

Thanks for the 'heads up' and ordering mine.

Jez its hard to keep up with all this. :roll:
David Fox
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

The only thing that concerns me is the Bootmoon type cover
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:The level of cynicism and vitriol already displayed on other sites about this disc (without even hearing a single note from the disc) is unbelievable. Tangerine dream the new 'musical doormat', roll up and take your frustrations out now. Coming to forums near you soon.

:?

BA******
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

I just ordered a copy. I can't wait for the end of March, I'm really looking forward to that release!

Two tracks with a length of 54 minutes, TD back on their long suites. And this only being the first in a series of five CDs! Every 3 months we will get to hear more music! And it's an ambitious concept work. I was a bit astonished about the origin of this composition, but that just adds to the excitement.

Looks like this will be a very special work, I feel like it's Christmas ... :D
hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:
Taximan431 wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: No, Groove is not cheaper! In fact, it is more expensive:

Springtime in Nagasaki - Groove - € 19.25 + € 7.70 registered post
Springtime in Nagasaki - Eastgate - € 16.00 + € 7.00 registered post
Agreed Groove is no cheaper, infact u better order disc #2 now, MAYBE it will arrive at the same time as it takes sooooo long for orders from Groove to reach us

:D :) :? 8) :!: :arrow:
I've heard that Groove are bad with their delivery times , obviously TD have had problems in this area in the past, but they seem to have sorted things out now and I usually get my discs 3-7 days after I order them.
No way, at least not in the Netherlands. in a few days you get the package at home. Cannot say anything about the foreign postings.
By the way, for us it is cheaper. Is is only 2,70€ postage.
I ordered at groove.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Nice to see the return of some longer tracks. I always think this is where TD excel.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:Nice to see the return of some longer tracks. I always think this is where TD excel.
I've always liked the long and shorter tracks, but it's good to see some longer stuff coming up, well, provided it's good that is
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:Nice to see the return of some longer tracks. I always think this is where TD excel.

was thinking the same myself Mick :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote: I'm with you on this Stephen, although my initial reaction was "Oh bollocks, more money" However, I'm completely convinced it will be worth it. (Wish I didn't have the hassle of PayPal though!).
might be worth holding off and seeing if any copies turn up at the gig Mick
Maybe, but I don't fancy the scrum, with a bad back!

Nor me :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
hansx

Post by hansx »

Me too, but that doesn't guarantee a great cd. A long track isn't per defenition a good track.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

hansx wrote:
Me too, but that doesn't guarantee a great cd. A long track isn't per defenition a good track.
Agreed, but it's good to see them experimenting with the longer format, once again.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I had a good feeling about metaphor when it was announced and was proved right.........

I have a good feeling about the upcoming 'nagasaki' series......I just think TD will produce the goods......as a long term fan, one gets an idea whether a release will be a goody...BM is tuned into the TD spacetimecontinuum.....this CD will be top notch
...The wise.....are silent.....
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

bigmoog wrote:I had a good feeling about metaphor when it was announced and was proved right.........

I have a good feeling about the upcoming 'nagasaki' series......I just think TD will produce the goods......as a long term fan, one gets an idea whether a release will be a goody...BM is tuned into the TD spacetimecontinuum.....this CD will be top notch
I am very hopeful for this release. The longer track format, allows TD to take us on a journey and tell us a story, which I think is the idea behind this cd anyway.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

long tracks, allow ideas to develop, soundscapes to evolve in the minds eye, which is for me the whole essence of classical TD music*

*this is also I admit true for many TD short tracks
...The wise.....are silent.....
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

bigmoog wrote:long tracks, allow ideas to develop, soundscapes to evolve in the minds eye, which is for me the whole essence of classical TD music*

*this is also I admit true for many TD short tracks
The trouble with a lot of shorter tracks, is they tend to be based on a verse/chorus format (even without vocals) and this can be predictable. The appeal of TD's longer tracks, is I often have no idea which direction the music will take, or what themes will evolve and this is ultimately more stimulating and rewarding for me.