Looking back at : Phaedra

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

SequenceC wrote:
cantosis wrote:I used to prefer Rubycon but after hearing Pheadra in the church a few months ago it sort of clicked with me in a different way and I now prefer this one. both are superb though
While that was an interesting experience listening to TD in the church (the candles were atmospheric), I def would have liked it to be much much louder. As I actually thought it was quiet. Although not sure if the P.A. could have coped as it was distorted in some places.
Last edited by 24db on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

Found this review today

"Phaedra is to EM what Beatles Sgt Pepper’s is to rock; a pioneer album that will influence lot of musicians and will revolutionize the world of experimental, psychedelic and electronic music. "
http://synthsequences.blogspot.com/2010 ... -1974.html
24db

Post by 24db »

tdfan wrote:Found this review today

"Phaedra is to EM what Beatles Sgt Pepper’s is to rock; a pioneer album that will influence lot of musicians and will revolutionize the world of experimental, psychedelic and electronic music. "
http://synthsequences.blogspot.com/2010 ... -1974.html
Last edited by 24db on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac cuber transfer

Post by Mac cuber transfer »

I'm curious, when the rythms give way to the gentle emotive passage before the playground ending on side 1

Do you get a picture in your head, does it change or does the picture become integral to the track

Me, I get prehistoric Terradactyls flying circles over windswept cliffs, primordial seas lashing at the rocks below, always have done always will.

Does anyone get anything different?
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Phaedra does invoke strange imaginings. I am really begining to love this album as a whole. Historical and timeless and an album I simply never tire of from start to finish.
Erik

Post by Erik »

cantosis wrote:I like Phaedra quite a lot but I like Phaedra05 even more 8)
i'm quite fond of the 2005/2008 remakes

the hyperborea tracks from the RAH show this year are excellent
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Mainly alien landscapes and vistas for me. It's all a bit vague really....

...bit like me. :wink:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda