Looking back at : Phaedra

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Looking back at : Phaedra

Post by bigmoog »

electronic music as beautiful realisation of dreams and nightmares
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Re: Looking back at : Phaedra

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:electronic music as beautiful realisation of dreams and nightmares
Another glorious peice of work but topped by Rubycon all IMHO of course :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

For me Phaedra was a disappointment. I had too hign expectations.
24db

Post by 24db »

71 dB wrote:For me Phaedra was a disappointment. I had too hign expectations.
woah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... but hey each to their own, if it doesn't do it for you then that's it really.

Interesting to read that TD only had the completed Moog a matter of weeks before Phaedra...they bought it in bits.
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

24db wrote:woah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... but hey each to their own, if it doesn't do it for you then that's it really.
Yeah, I have a strange problem with Phaedra. It does not captivate me like 95 % of TD does. Well, Sequent C' does but it's so damn short! :?
24db wrote:Interesting to read that TD only had the completed Moog a matter of weeks before Phaedra...they bought it in bits.
Yeah, they were in the process of creating something new. Phaedra is the first step and perhaps a bit infantile compared to the following steps.
24db

Post by 24db »

71 dB wrote:
24db wrote:woah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... but hey each to their own, if it doesn't do it for you then that's it really.
Yeah, I have a strange problem with Phaedra. It does not captivate me like 95 % of TD does. Well, Sequent C' does but it's so damn short! :?
24db wrote:Interesting to read that TD only had the completed Moog a matter of weeks before Phaedra...they bought it in bits.
Yeah, they were in the process of creating something new. Phaedra is the first step and perhaps a bit infantile compared to the following steps.
Infantile? hmmm don't think so....slightly crude perhaps? born out of mistakes...but then again mistakes in art are sometimes some of the most creative bits.

I love Phaedra, always have, even though I didn't hear it until many years after it came out
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

24db wrote:Infantile? hmmm don't think so....slightly crude perhaps? born out of mistakes...but then again mistakes in art are sometimes some of the most creative bits.

I love Phaedra, always have, even though I didn't hear it until many years after it came out
In my opinion Phaedra is "infantile" compared to the following releases. Phaedra is rather simple and has less substance than most TD releases. It's about pioneering like EM was. Fortunately TD is good music even at it's worst and we can love it all. :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

71 dB wrote:
24db wrote:Infantile? hmmm don't think so....slightly crude perhaps? born out of mistakes...but then again mistakes in art are sometimes some of the most creative bits.

In my opinion Phaedra is "infantile" compared to the following releases. Phaedra is rather simple and has less substance than most TD releases. It's about pioneering like EM was. Fortunately TD is good music even at it's worst and we can love it all. :wink:
I agree....it is, as you see and hear it
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Phaedra is a good album, but I've heard the mighty Rubycon before I heard Phaedra, and so it comes I associate with Phaedra "2nd class Rubycon". I prefer TD's OHR releases to Phaedra, and so it comes I don't often listen to that record...
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Phaedra was, for me, the sign of a band finally hitting it's stride. It's very experimental but done with great confidence. The result is some very captivating music.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I like Phaedra quite a lot but I like Phaedra05 even more 8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

cantosis wrote:I like Phaedra quite a lot but I like Phaedra05 even more 8)
Shhhh!!!

...don't tell anyone but so do I. :wink:

Said so a few years back and got pilloried. Some people even questioned my sanity. Still; you like what you like and not a lot you can do about it.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Chris Monk wrote:
cantosis wrote:I like Phaedra quite a lot but I like Phaedra05 even more 8)
Shhhh!!!

...don't tell anyone but so do I. :wink:

Said so a few years back and got pilloried. Some people even questioned my sanity. Still; you like what you like and not a lot you can do about it.

yeh I remember someone saying I must be stupid or something to that effect, I dont really care.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Really hooked me when i first heard it
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

Never really got into this one.